Which Laser Lite Colour?

My little 6 mth black and silver mini schnauzer has been having her puppy coat slowly stripped/rolled.

Her groomer does her clipping (head bottom neck) and I manage the rest of the coat. She said to get laser lite stripping shampoo, but I don't know what colour to get...If I use the black will it make her silver coat discolour?

You shouldn't need a coloured shampoo on a b/s if the coat is genetically the correct colour (ie not fading to grey). The head and throat should also be hand stripped, not clipped as should the ears.

If the coat is brown, then stripping out all the coat will get rid of that (unless it is related to diet or sunlight)

I use a whitening shampoo on my b/s

You shouldn't need a coloured shampoo on a b/s if the coat is genetically the correct colour (ie not fading to grey). The head and throat should also be hand stripped, not clipped as should the ears.

If the coat is brown, then stripping out all the coat will get rid of that (unless it is related to diet or sunlight)

I use a whitening shampoo on my b/s

I am not showing my b/s, just don't want to clip her all over as I want to retain her black colour, hence I am part clipping her. There is nothing wrong with the colour of her coat, she is lovely pure black, but it was recommended to help me with the stripping process to buy Laser Lite stripping shampoo and it comes in different colours...black, blue, mahogany, bronze, purple, red; so I was wondering what colour, have tried to google it but couldn't find anything.

Anyone ever used this shampoo? it is available from Petcetera.

Hi Dollygirl,

I bought some of this brand of shampoo from Jillian Brinsley at Canine Equipment at Carindale in Brisbane, I had contacted Petcetera with some questions and freight costs at the end of May and I am still waiting for their answer. :cry:

Jillian just charged for the post not for packing.

I had contacted Jillian at the same time and had an answer pretty quickly, she is extra helpful with advice. I seem to remember that she may have been a smidgen dearer for the Lazerlite but her service and help were excellent so she may be able to suggest the colour you will be needing.

This is the email she sent..

Thanks for your email.

I have both shampoos in stock in 1L size.($18.50)

One of the best detangler sprays (that i have found) is by Coat Handler (comes in 300ml size$19.75.)

Not sure on cost of postage, but the shampoos are quite heavy, so at a rough guess is might be between $10 and $15.

regards

Jillian. Canine Equipment.

She goes to Durack most weekends to sell I think.

This is her contact info....

34 Willard Street, Carina, 4152

(near Carindale Shopping Centre).

Phone is 3395 3808.

Hope this helps.

I don't shampoo the coat before stripping. The stripped area doesn't get bathed much as you will start to soften the coat.

The areas most likely to fade are the areas you are clipping, back of the ears is often the first place to go paler. The colour will also fade from the legs, so these areas should also be raked through to keep some texture and colour.