Peeing And Pooing In The House

HugUrPup

Ollie and Miley have been very naughty little puppies :mad

As soon as Ollie comes inside he races upstairs and poo's.

Then he goes to the bin and tries to scavenge food and then pee's on the furniture :)

Miley pee's on the rugs in the lounge area.

I had to go away for a week and they are worse than usual and forcing out wee's and poo's even when they don't "need" to go.

I am guessing this is because they were fretting but this behaviour isn't very welcoming.

I am tempted to put them out in the cold :laugh: but they'd probably freeze to death not being used to it.

They are really driving me nuts tonight.

Firstly, don't think I've said it before but your pups are sooooo gorgeous!

Like everyone has said, back to toilet training - keep them confined - penned, crated, gated off, whatever works for you - and take them outside every hour, tell them to toilet and lots of praise and maybe food rewards when they go. Also, watch constantly for the signs they need to go.

I feel your pain - I dog-sit quite often for my friend's dog on weekends (long story) and she (the dog not my friend :laugh: ) recently has started toileting in the house, although she was good when she first started coming over. Maybe she feels more like this is her territory now and is marking, or is just being lazy, but whatever it is, I don't want her doing it! I sat in her pee on the couch last weekend :):mad

Anyway, my plan of action is confine her (and Saxon) when I'm not there, watch her closely and take her outside at least once per hour when I am there, and reward reward reward when she goes outside...

Good luck to both of us!

Edited by Saxonpup

Hi I think it is harder to train two dogs at the same time especially they are same sex. (I am assuming this out of their names.) I am wondering if you ever verbalise their wrong doings and they get wrong ideas that they get your attention. I don’t know your home but if you have a dog flip and they can easily access to backyard, leave water bowl outside and this will make them to go outside more therefore more chance to toilet outside. More activity outside is a good thing as well. Good luck!!

Thanks for your replies.

They slept in their crates last night and then were taken outside as soon as they woke up.

I have a coat on Miley to keep her warm and Ollie has a thick coat so he should be ok.

They can stay out there until I am ready to tether them to me. I wish the weather was better so I could take them out for a big play.

They missed me so much (and I missed them) so I think it's all the excitement of me being home.

I do have a belly band for Ollie, so I will start using that again too :)