Lumps & Redness

Jetty

Hi, I have noticed lately Jessie has had these lumps on her stomach. The last few days it has been there and she is licking & trying also to scratch it. I have just put pawpaw ointment on it but just wanted to see if anyone knew what it is. It's really red today. First I thought Jet might have scratched her or something as they play and he can get a little rough but the more I look at the lumps the less I think this.

sore005.jpg

sore004.jpg

sore001.jpg

There is no scar there actually. They were the best photos I could get.

It does look like a scar though but its actually the lumps together in a straight line!

Edited by ♥JJ

Looks like a staph infection. Licking and scratching can bacteria under the skin where it flourishes.

Paint some betadine on it and see if it helps. Honey had something similar after a contact allergy and it worked a treat.

If it hasn't improved in a day or two, you'll need to get some ABs from the vet.

Looks like a staph infection. Licking and scratching can bacteria under the skin where it flourishes.

Paint some betadine on it and see if it helps. Honey had something similar after a contact allergy and it worked a treat.

If it hasn't improved in a day or two, you'll need to get some ABs from the vet.

Thanks DeeLee. I will give that a go. Unsure what sort of allergy it would be. She has never had something like this.

Thanks DeeLee. I will give that a go. Unsure what sort of allergy it would be. She has never had something like this.

Oh sorry, I didnt mean she has had an allergy :laugh: - its the resulting irritated skin from any localised licking and scratching that leads to infection.

It may have started with an insect bite that she bothered, could be anything really.

With Honey, it developed from her scratching at her rash.

Oh sorry, I didnt mean she has had an allergy :champagne: - its the resulting irritated skin from any localised licking and scratching that leads to infection.

It may have started with an insect bite that she bothered, could be anything really.

:laugh: Thank you. Learning all this stuff still. First time the dogs have had that sort of thing.

Oh sorry, I didnt mean she has had an allergy :laugh: - its the resulting irritated skin from any localised licking and scratching that leads to infection.

:) Thank you. Learning all this stuff still. First time the dogs have had that sort of thing.

No worries, I hope it helps! :laugh:

How is the patient?

Did the lumps clear up?

:cheer: Thank you for checking up on her.

The lumps are still there but they have gone down a bit. No more redness. So I will put some more of it on her today & hopefully it will be fully gone soon.

How is the patient?

Did the lumps clear up?

:dancingelephant: Thank you for checking up on her.

The lumps are still there but they have gone down a bit. No more redness. So I will put some more of it on her today & hopefully it will be fully gone soon.

That's excellent! :dancingelephant: