What To Feed My Bernese

geo

Hi everyone, i have a friend who has a 9 week old Bernese Mountain Dog and she's wondering what would be best to feed her? she has the ability to shoot buffalo, wallaby etc but if you have any suggestions i'd love to hear...

yes the breeder should lead you in the right path providing the owner is able to afford and follow the requirements of large breed dogs but if they choose to go a different path of kibbles (dry food) make sure you read the first 5 ingredients try to avoid corn, fillers and by-products much as possible no nutritional value in them but corn is just hard for dogs to digest. this is why alot of people go to natural raw diets as they know what's in the patties or food contains. being mostly natural supplements like meats starch and veggies.

:laugh:

I have a Bernese puppy and the breeder gave me a comprehensive diet guide, so the breeder of your friends puppy would be best to ask, and hopefully they would have already given a diet sheet when they sold the puppy.

However if they don't have the support of the breeder of her puppy, I can tell you what I feed mine, who is 16 weeks old.

I feed a premium quality dry food formulated especially for a large breed puppy, along with the dry food I feed her a chicken wing each day, & once or twice a week sardines in oil or Raw meaty bones. I also add to her dry food a tablespoon of cottage cheese and a tablespoon of natural yoghurt each day.