Coolamon Ganmain Shows

BittyMooPeeb

My entries for Coolamon Ganmain were returned despite a message from the cataloguer that entries were still open. They were posted four weeks before the show, and returned three weeks before the show. Entries for Ganmain (posted at the same time) have not been returned. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: I far as I know the entries were NOT taken by the cataloguer

So IF one place got them quicker than the other this would be why, as entries were closed some time ago!

Once they have been sent to the cataloguer, then it is common practice for entries to be returned....

I always get mine in before the closing date stated in the journal and then you can not be sure they have got them !!

I heard at the ACT shows on the weekend of at least 4 people getting entries returned, now I have no idea when these entries were send or arrived but at least one lot there were two envelopes posted the same day from the same Post office with different breeds entered. One lot was accepted, the other sent back.

I heard at the ACT shows on the weekend of at least 4 people getting entries returned, now I have no idea when these entries were send or arrived but at least one lot there were two envelopes posted the same day from the same Post office with different breeds entered. One lot was accepted, the other sent back.

Interesting .... Which breeds were accepted and which were rejected?

You didn't accidently put them in your return envelope did you? It has been done before by others (not me YET!)

I've done that :laugh: I was thinking about how fast I got a receipt back. :)

Nothing returned here.. but I entered ages ago. There were two different addresses/show secretaries for these shows.

Edited by poodlefan

Interesting .... Which breeds were accepted and which were rejected?

I will tell you privately later as I don't want to post details on a public forum. I know at least one person who's entries were rejected has taken the matter furthur so will leave it until I hear an outcome.

Not sure how accurate it is but also heard Toy entries are around the 30 mark so it looks like being a small show.

:laugh: I am not entered this time, but looked at the weather, Rain, Storms , Wind and freezing temps.....

I have no shows untill September, hope it is warmer then, but did hear the rain is going to continue for a while.......all dams are filling up well in this area..

You had better pack your winter woolies......gum boots etc.... :o

Heard on the grape vine ,I think the entry is nearly 400 which is usual for these shows........

Good Luck to all who are showing :)

Just checked the forecast. Friday looks OK. Saturday "mostly sunny". Sunday Ok.

The cyclone proof pink and purple palace will be there, tied down with the most elaborate pegging system known to man (got "engineer approved" at Wagga :laugh:) .. we'll be OK. :)

Will pack the gumboots though. :o

Edited by poodlefan

You didn't accidently put them in your return envelope did you? It has been done before by others (not me YET!)

I've done that :) I was thinking about how fast I got a receipt back. :)

Nothing returned here.. but I entered ages ago. There were two different addresses/show secretaries for these shows.

:) I did this also PF, I thought they were quick of the mark to get the numbers out and the closing date was still weeks away :laugh:

Always double check now :o

:) Like your weather report better BF :o

Might check it later in the week :)

You can never tell with this show I have been and it has been lovely showing weather, then I have also been and it was a hurricane :laugh:

Saturday is a Ag show so I hope you can get your pizza's......Friday & Sunday are Kennel Club shows.....

:) Like your weather report better BF :o

Might check it later in the week :)

You can never tell with this show I have been and it has been lovely showing weather, then I have also been and it was a hurricane :laugh:

Saturday is a Ag show so I hope you can get your pizza's......Friday & Sunday are Kennel Club shows.....

Saturday I shall eat enough pizza for the other two days. :)

So are you saying the person receiving the entries has an ulterior motive?

So are you saying the person receiving the entries has an ulterior motive?

:provoke: Do not forget Ceilidh these entries went to 2 different places, not everyone gets the mail on the same day.....

Wonder what part of LATE these people do not understand !!! 16th of July was the closing date !!