Urination

Mas1981

I was wondering how I know my dog is urinating the normal amount each day, I took him for a walk and he had a wee while we were out, 10 minutes later we were home and he had another wee, plus he is getting up at night to wee the last few nights , and he did it for a week a couple of weeks ago. How do I know if he has a problem? His wee's are normal size, not tiny ones like if you have a bladder infection and seem to be a normal colour too.

Technically, up to 50ml per kg per day is normal for dogs & cats. It can be a bugger to catch it to measure it though! :)

If he's going heaps more than usual, even if you can't measure how much, then I'd see the vet about it.

Gosh, it's so hard to tell! I guess it depends also on what they have been fed and how much they drink.

My dog goes maybe 4 or 5 times a day (more often than me!) but then out on walks he manages a good amount every tree we stop at. I have to tell him to save some for the next tree :laugh:

I'm surprised dogs can always find some pee to mark a territory :laugh:

Gosh, it's so hard to tell! I guess it depends also on what they have been fed and how much they drink.

My dog goes maybe 4 or 5 times a day (more often than me!) but then out on walks he manages a good amount every tree we stop at. I have to tell him to save some for the next tree :laugh:

I'm surprised dogs can always find some pee to mark a territory :laugh:

I wouldnt worry about it as I have noticed that he likes to wee over other dogs pee at "his" park across the road but its the getting up at night that bothers me.... I did get the vet to look at him 2 weeks ago and he could not pick anything up but I may do a sample as he needs to go in for his titre test anyway...