Crate Games

Crate Games DVD  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have you done Crate Games with your dog?

• Yes, I have finished the whole DVD
    • Yes, I have done parts
    • Well I started doing it
    • I have watched it but I haven't done the games
    • I should get around to watching it
    • Whats crate games?
    • Why would I bother?

I am interested in this as Lewis is a bloody poof when his is in the crate by himself, yells and carries on while I am training Rommi.

Maybe this would help him learn to shut up so I don't hear him complaining on the other side of the oval during our stays????

You've probably tried this but thought it might be worth mentioning just in case! Have you tried covering the crate?

Millie carries on like a pork chop when she is in the car or tied out while training Ruby. I thought being crated would be no different. If she can see us, she goes berserk. I covered the crate over so she couldn't see us and hey presto! Quiet dog! :p I actually never thought it would work which is why I took so long to break out the crate at training and trials :o First time I shoved her in I threw in an i-squeak, she spent the whole hour while Ruby and I were doing agility just lightly squeaking it, and the crate would rock a bit here and there :o Second time, no i-squeak, just her and covered over, brilliant :laugh: I actually think it settled her down TOO much, as once I got her out of the crate at the trial yesterday for her go, she was flatter than I'd ever seen her when it comes to working :laugh:

I have tried covered and uncovered, metal and soft crate. He did shred the bottom of my crate cover a while back, but the other day in the soft crate he didn't seem quite as hbad, he started up and I growled at him and told him to shut up and he did, apart from the odd whinge,whine and sook.

He is improving, when I first got him if you even thought of crating him by himself he would scream like you were ripping his legs of and wrap his teeth around the crate and try and rip his way out. Sometimes he still thinks about grabbing on, but a firm no generally stops him.

He loves clicker training so he might like crate games, I will have to research it a little bit more and save up, trying not to spend money at the moment after some hefty vet bills.

i have watched the dvd and done some of stage 1...i need to do it more obviously for it to have any effect

he is still not really crate trained and cries and carries on when locked up and i walk away

Edited by dandybrush