Tangles And Grooming

flux

Success! Thanks to a grooming grapevine and some very helpful people I managed to find someone who had two cancellations today! Whew!

Ok, so after another evening, the OH managed to get most of her tangled back sorted out, so the groomer was very impressed (I think she believed she was going to meet the neglected dog from hell) and that was a relief to hear that things weren't THAT bad! Her rump was a real tatty mess, but the force dryer fixed that up for her with some extra grooming at the end. I am so grateful to you all and to the very helpful groomer who came past to see me. Such a relief. Poor Jazz didn't quite get what was going on at first, but surprisingly a few treats helped. At the end she started to protest verbally, but this was far from growling, more her loud tantrum at having been brushed and washed so much in the last 48 hours - poor pup! So with me cuddling her front end the groomer fixed up her back, while basically jazz sooked and over all was a really good experience for both dog and owner! So glad her rump in particular could be helped straight away. I'll attached some photos of her fur before and after. the after shot her skin is a bit pink, but this was the worst patch of bottom, and I think mostly caused by our previous tugging and de-tangling efforts. Thanks again everyone for your kind words and wisdom :provoke:

post-31394-1282626221_thumb.jpg

post-31394-1282626234_thumb.jpg

post-31394-1282626247_thumb.jpg

That doesn't look to bad at all in the first picture. Dogs like that i stick straight in the bath, shampoo, condition and then blow dry with a stand dryer while brushing out the loose. I've seen much worse then that and used a blaster on the coat first to remove a lot of loose coat and dirt.

i'd say you were doing an Ok job and knew to get help at the right time!