Insurance

Edenishy

I know this topic has been dealt with before however I am still finding this all so confusing.

Basically, is there a Pet insurance plan out there, that has 100% cover (or would consider $100 excess)?

If so, with what company...and if possible, do you have any feedback about such a company/plan?

Hi Medibank private has pet insurance that has up to a 100% refund their the ones i'm looking at going through with my puppy and they seem to have a better cover options to everything else but I also like prosure though they only cover you for up to 80%

petsure has a big list of Pet Insurance groups so you might find one that suits your needs Hope this helps

Edited by dwilds

Be careful when choosing insurance companies. Some of them will list exclusions on the certificate of insurance, but many won't, so you may not be sure of what you're covered for until you have to make a claim. Also make sure you get everything in writing.

Edited by Bonnie Pup

Hi, I'm with Bow Wow Meow and they cover 100% and I have a $100 excess. My premium for each month to cover both my dogs is $58.20 - that is cover for accident and illness. I have made 2 claims so far and have had no problems at all. At the first claim they wanted a completed vet history to ensure that what I was claiming for wasn't a pre-existing condition. Make sure you read the fine print, not all policies are the same, however I have been happy with the one I went with.

Try Pet Plan in Melbourne.

$100 excess and WILL list any exclusions on your certificate. You have 14 days after recieving paperwork to decide if the

cover suits you or not. Easy to cancel-all you have to do is send brief email stating to cancel.

IF your visiting the Melb Royal thay have a stand in the building next to the dog area, or you can check out their web site.

BB

A lot depends on the age of your dog, if the dog's been treated for anything before and whether you want cover for small things or big things.

Each company has pros and cons. If your dog's a puppy and never needed treatment before, don't mess around for too long before taking out insurance if you're going to take it out...

Edited by Bonnie Pup

I've been reading through all the insurance threads- and company policies

One common exclusion seems to be

"Diagnostic test- unless they result in a diagnosis of a condition covered under the policy"

So in the scenario- if you take your very unwell pet to the vet- and as part of a diagnostic work up -blood tests and Xrays are done- and are normal.

But the diagnosis is made on the next test- ultrasound (been in that position)

Does that mean that is such a situaton- insurance will not reimburse blood tests and Xrays- even if they were important in excluding other diagnoses?