Doggy Day At The Beach

Dory the Doted One

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I got a touch of sunburn too!

Heather and I hung about until after 4 :thumbsup: We always seem to be the last ones there!

Nik fell asleep as soon as she got in the car. Kids fought half the way home, then Immy fell asleep. Immy was STILL asleep when we got home, then Coop and I had a nap. About to check my pics and will post them in Photos.

We had a good time. Any drool Earl did on Frosty would have blended right in with the Deerhound drool from the other day. Imagine giant shaggy dog running with Frosty and slobbering on her the whole way, and when he ran out of slobber, going for a drink and then coming back and slobbering some more. I had to towel her off before I let her in the house when we got home. Then again, she did go swimming yesterday so that would have washed it off.

Ker - I thought you posted something about kiddies not going swimming? I guess you will know for next time - until they hit puberty - they will not notice how cold it is, until they get out and feel the wind on wet trousers.

I think my hat saved me from sunburn mostly. Frosty had a good sleep for an hour and then we hit the local park...for a second run.

After Pele had a snooze we went for a walk along the lake. She found a squeaky hot dog at the water's edge and was pretty pleased with herself :D It wasn't as tasty as the sausages :laugh: she wasn't allowed to have at the beach tho' :(

I've only really had a bit to do with one of them, the guy who was cooking the snags.

He actually started out in customer service. Council recognised that they needed to inject a bit of people skills into their Rangers. He had no previous animal skills, but very willing to learn. And he seems to actually like dogs!

Hope he comes into work soon, so I can tell him how great Ralph is. Bwa ha ha ha.

Remy and Jacques have finally passed out. They had a fantastic time (so did I). I think the dogs in the group were an excellent influence on them because I was impressed how calm and patient they were with all the young children who came up and petted them.

The council were pretty unorganised! I expected there to be a set walk at a set time, but everyone pretty much did their own thing. It would of been good to have a few speakers there talking about various doggy topics and doggy related stalls. I can see this day working well with rescue groups also.

What fantastic weather we had!