Ghandi Of The Dog World: Sharky

spottychick

You might have already come across this Youtube legend but I only just found him so thought I'd share.

He's an unusual coloured pitbull with an even more unusual love for all creatures great and small. I found one vid and then just kept looking at all the others. I have never seen a dog quite as loving and gentle as this one.

This is the first vid I saw

If you look under the owners name you'll see the rest. The iguana just blew me away!! Apparently he lets chooks ride on his back too.

He reminds me so much of my papillion Tyke and my saluki TJ back home. Tyke ( male) used to try and nurse orphaned rabbits and the odd kitten, he would keep them warm,herd them back to their den, clean them, toilet them. Our budgie used to waddle through the house chasing them and preening their faces(teasing hair out of their ears). TJ and Tyke both used to sleep in the rabbit hutches when TJ was small. As TJ grew into an adult, he ended up sleeping outside of the hutch but still had his head inside. We always had the rabbits,birds, chinchillas inside so they could snuggle up in the dogs beds with them. Dont think I have any photos over here but Ill have a look. lol so much for TJ being a sighthound.

I've heard of Sharky before and watched his interactions with baby chicks as well! How does one raise a dog to be so tolerant to other animals like that? :hug: I'm pretty interested on the subject as I am going to have a new puppy living with us soon and I want him to live in harmony with our chickens because they're very important to us.

I've heard of Sharky before and watched his interactions with baby chicks as well! How does one raise a dog to be so tolerant to other animals like that? :hug: I'm pretty interested on the subject as I am going to have a new puppy living with us soon and I want him to live in harmony with our chickens because they're very important to us.

Yeah me too! After seeing this video I asked my neighbour if I can bring Dylan over to meet some of their small animals. They have a menagerie. I did introduce him to chickens yesterday - no problems at all. And apparently he used to sleep next to/with the rabbits in the previous owners back yard.

I suspect getting in as early as possible is key as well as having a pup with a fairly calm temperament maybe....

Julz - that's fantastic. I hope I can get Dylan even part way to that!! Would love to see pics :laugh:

I've seen Sharky before, he is amazing, love his colouring but I'm biased on that subject, My Kilo has the same spotty coat, if not spottier :)

Shame he isn't that friendly with small animals though.

Piccys

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...p;#entry4836186

Awww gorgeous pooches kilo. I especially like Asha - but I'm a sucker for white dogs. :(