Best Surprise On My Doorstep

HeavyPaws

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely gesture. And how sad that some people are so suspicious and judgemental.

I hope you're not talking about the people on the thread who urged caution? I don't think they were being judgmental at all, just trying to look out for the OP and her dog.

When you've heard first hand stories about dogs being baited, as I have, it tends to make you a little cautious about feeding your dog food from a stranger.

What a lovely gesture. And how sad that some people are so suspicious and judgemental.

I hope you're not talking about the people on the thread who urged caution?

Who else could she be talking about?

:provoke: I thought we all approached it with common sense and politeness.

Yes, sounds like a lovely gesture, but who could live with themselves if HP returned to tell us her beloved dog was poisoned ?

THere ARE lovely people out there, but we need to be aware of those that aren't, and err on the side of caution.

Gaylek, would you feel the same way if a nice old lady whom you didn't know, gave your kids lollies on the street ?

I'm sure you would be touched by her kindness, but would you let the kids eat them ?

fifi

Gaylek, would you feel the same way if a nice old lady whom you didn't know, gave your kids lollies on the street ?

I'm sure you would be touched by her kindness, but would you let the kids eat them ?

If someone took the time to write a letter letting me know how happy my kids made her, enclose it with some wrapped and sealed gifts then yes, I sure would.

Didn't you let your kids eat the lollies handed out by Santa's in the mall?

There are a thousand easier ways to bait a dog than poisoning packaged treats, resealing the pack so it doesn't look tampered with, scope out some random person with a dog, find out where they live then target them by leaving a package on their doorstep.

Even suggesting it smacks of paranoia.

Even suggesting it smacks of paranoia.

More insults. How sad. It would be nice if this thread could stay on track to being the 'nice' thread it began as. Even with the "cautions" (and not just about the dog treats either), it has been acknowledged that this person (we don't know if male or female yet) may well be just a wonderful nice person - perhaps too shy to come out face to face and say what he or she has written in the letter, at the time the OP has been with her dog.

I'm sorry Heavy Paws. It is a wonderful thought to think that there may be a person out there who would go to the lengths to share with you the tale of the pleasure you give him or her, when s/he sees you with your dog and it certainly was not my intention to turn this thread to something sour, which I see is the way it is now beginning to go. You've acknowledged the caution and the spirit with which it was made and I appreciate that, and feel better for it. I'll not venture back here, even if what I regard as insults continue to be made, for the sake of this thread remaining on the sun-shiney track it was intended for. :provoke:

Edited by Erny

What a nice gesture, someone has obviously been moved by you enough to part with their hard earned cash, to buy a stranger a gift. I'm sure its genuine, if someone was wanting to bait your dogs they would surely be more discreet about it :provoke: If the treats are packaged I don't think I would have a problem with giving them to my dog (if she didn't have weight issues). Just my opinion.