Getting Two Puppies To Get Along

pomchi

My nearly 6 month old is still having problems coping when we leave her alone ( barking for hours) i recently met a lady living close by who also had a pup that is doing the same thing and about the same age so we thought we would put them together and see if they get along, only problem is link is quite shy and the other pup is quite boisterous, so i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get them to interact without completely scaring off my pup in the first two minutes.

So the plan is to leave these two together?

Have you checked on vaccs, worming etc?

Does this pup dig/chew/jump or anything? It is easy to teach a pup friend bad habits :mad

Have you introduced them on neutral territory? A walk with both on lead somewhere new may be the go for a first meeting :mad

So the plan is to leave these two together?

Have you checked on vaccs, worming etc?

Does this pup dig/chew/jump or anything? It is easy to teach a pup friend bad habits :mad

Have you introduced them on neutral territory? A walk with both on lead somewhere new may be the go for a first meeting :mad

yeah we are hoping if they get along tat we can leave them together sometimes to play and for company

yeah the other dog is up to date with vaccinations etc.

yeah i walk might be a good idea, they have seen each other in the street before but he was so excited that he came bounding up to link and so link just ran behind me, so maybe if we tire him out a little first he might be a lil calmer, link will often wait for a dog to be still or lie down before she is ready to do some sniffing around :mad