Award For Biggest Idiot Goes Toooooooo.........

lovemesideways

Ohh pick me, pick me!!!

Yesterday we decided to head down to our local dog park..... as soon as we walked we were greeted by a large dog (wont say what breed) with his teeth baring and growling then proceeding to charge at Boss and chase him, while Boss tried to run away.... Boss was also being rapidly humped by a younger dog. We called Boss away and the larger/older dog ran away. Mind you this dogs owner did NOTHING!!! 5 mins later the dog was back teeth baring, growling and charging at Boss. This happened about 3 times..... the next time this dog meant business Boss started running away and this dog actually bit Boss and Boss let out a massive yelp so my motherly instinct kicked in and before I knew it I was yelling "getting your f**king dog out of the f**king park its aggressive and going my dog" which the owner replied "He's not aggressive" WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME :laugh: ;) :eek: and I replied "I'll call the f**king council, you can not bring aggressive dogs to a dog park" And the aggressive dog actually drew blood from another dog at the park.

So they left which they should.... then one of his friend had the audacity to tell me it's MY fault because I brought an entire dog to the dog park :p Sorry but my dog is not the one with the problem!!

Grrr made my blood boil thats for sure!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. You don't get the award for biggest idiot. I do.

I get the award for biggest idiot, because today I missed daylight savings time and missed the first puppy school class.

:p

Ooops ;)

I am sure that you aren't the first & certainly won't be the last to get caught out :eek:

Still annoying though :laugh:

Its amazing how common these idiots are and somewhat terrifying.

Last time i went to the dog beach we were totally alone and both girls had a ball offlead. I always put them back on lead to walk back to the car as the carpark is right on the road. Come up over the sand dune and a massive dog comes barreling up to my girls. I call out saying my dogs arent so good with strange dogs in thier face.

Guy calls back "oh its allright he is friendly" dog comes over hackles up and growling, girls go into still mode and other dog starts lunging at them. I put them both behind me and yelled "NO BAD DOG" at the dog. Man starts screaming at me for beating his dog :laugh: Umm i didnt touch your dog.

Another owner with a lab on a lead comes up the path and the mans dog spins around and lunges at the new dog, man calls out "its allright he is friendly" Woman says well mine isnt put him on lead. Man walks off muttering about how female shouldn't own dogs :p

I found another idiot on Saturday. Was out walking they dog when I came across a guy walking a young cross breed dog that looked thin and pregnant. The dog pooped and the guy went to walk off without picking it up ... so I called out to him and even offered him a bag to use ... then I noticed the poo looked like it had worms in it.

I casually started up a bit of general doggy conversation when I asked what he was using for his all-wormer ... and he looked at me strangely and said he didn't. I nicely suggested he get a good all-wormer as his dog looked like he had a lot of worms (pot belly) ... and he tells me he doesn't need to do anythng because the dog was pooping them out.

I have a very serious concersation and explain about the need to worm and use heart wormer ... and explain some basic general care. The guy obviously loved his dog but had absolutely no idea on how to look after it.

This is not dog related but ... I do think this new mum definately would take the award. Leaving the office yesterday at lunch time I saw a new mum proudly showing off her 3 week old bub to about 15 work colleagues. Problem was ... they were all standing over at the smokers wall ... and everyone was smoking immediately around the young bub. Came back to find mum now sitting beside the pram (still smoking) with about 6 people around her all smoking ... watched as she took a drag on the ciggie and then leaned into the pram to kiss bub!!!! :p

I'll raise on that.

Earlier this year I saw a heavily pregnant girl smoking at the bus-stop....in her school uniform.

Ohh pick me, pick me!!!

Yesterday we decided to head down to our local dog park..... as soon as we walked we were greeted by a large dog (wont say what breed) with his teeth baring and growling then proceeding to charge at Boss and chase him, while Boss tried to run away.... Boss was also being rapidly humped by a younger dog. We called Boss away and the larger/older dog ran away. Mind you this dogs owner did NOTHING!!! 5 mins later the dog was back teeth baring, growling and charging at Boss. This happened about 3 times..... the next time this dog meant business Boss started running away and this dog actually bit Boss and Boss let out a massive yelp so my motherly instinct kicked in and before I knew it I was yelling "getting your f**king dog out of the f**king park its aggressive and going my dog" which the owner replied "He's not aggressive" WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME :laugh: ;) :eek: and I replied "I'll call the f**king council, you can not bring aggressive dogs to a dog park" And the aggressive dog actually drew blood from another dog at the park.

So they left which they should.... then one of his friend had the audacity to tell me it's MY fault because I brought an entire dog to the dog park :p Sorry but my dog is not the one with the problem!!

Grrr made my blood boil thats for sure!

Sadly I have heard this a few times. My puppy is 9 months, still entire, and going to stay that way for a while. I've already heard "when he gets to 2, he will become aggressive if you do not get him desexed". More than once.

I found another idiot on Saturday. Was out walking they dog when I came across a guy walking a young cross breed dog that looked thin and pregnant. The dog pooped and the guy went to walk off without picking it up ... so I called out to him and even offered him a bag to use ... then I noticed the poo looked like it had worms in it.

I casually started up a bit of general doggy conversation when I asked what he was using for his all-wormer ... and he looked at me strangely and said he didn't. I nicely suggested he get a good all-wormer as his dog looked like he had a lot of worms (pot belly) ... and he tells me he doesn't need to do anythng because the dog was pooping them out.

I have a very serious concersation and explain about the need to worm and use heart wormer ... and explain some basic general care. The guy obviously loved his dog but had absolutely no idea on how to look after it.

Good on you for stopping and chatting to him! Hopefully he learned something new.

Edited by lovemesideways

Guest Willow
This is not dog related but ... I do think this new mum definately would take the award. Leaving the office yesterday at lunch time I saw a new mum proudly showing off her 3 week old bub to about 15 work colleagues. Problem was ... they were all standing over at the smokers wall ... and everyone was smoking immediately around the young bub. Came back to find mum now sitting beside the pram (still smoking) with about 6 people around her all smoking ... watched as she took a drag on the ciggie and then leaned into the pram to kiss bub!!!! :p

I'll raise on that.

Earlier this year I saw a heavily pregnant girl smoking at the bus-stop....in her school uniform.

awesome....

my ex neighbour once proudly told me she was pregnant. With a lit smoke in one hand and a half drunk beer in the other. She then proceeded to ask her little 4 year old "to "GET OF THE EFFING TRAMPOLINE"

Noice.