Now I Am Totally Confused!

rexiam

I think a lot of people automatically equate a DSLR with awesome photos, but that's not the case.

This so true!

Whilst with a DSLR and appropriate lenses , one can produce shots like Tess's gorilla juvenile .. up close and sharp as sharp .. it is certainly NOT just the camera body and lens which dictates this .

The camera operator must have an 'eye' for composition, and a feel for the subject for any photo to be able to speak to the viewer :o

I know photographers who are technically perfect .. but their photos have no soul :eek:

Oh yeah, I agree completely :mad

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lumix is a great little P&S, so personally I would avoid the Finepix (because essentially, it's a P&S) and get a DSLR.

ETA And your zoo shots are certainly not bad :( I think a lot of people automatically equate a DSLR with awesome photos, but that's not the case. And that sounds harsher than I meant it to, but I don't have the brains today to word it correctly.

I didn't take your post has harsh :D

I suppose everyone wants awesome shots with whatever camera they have. For me at this point of time I feel that at times my camera isnt doing what I want ....or I am not driving it correctly!! :grouphug:

have not yet read all the posts, but definitely thinking he gets a better % from that sale than the DSLR - a bridge camera is not better, in fact they can be even more cumbersome to use since many of the controls are buried within the menus on the screen, and not controlled by buttons , and there is still a lag - as well as my 2 babies, the Canon 5DII and the Nikon D700, I have a Lumix which I can control aperture, ISO, shutter speed etc same as the DSR< but it still has that lag & drives me crazy with it, but it is used by me only if we are gong somewhere I don't want to take the weight of the DSLR & lenses, or for my kids to take pictures while I am using the DSLR. Go for the DSLR, you will not regret it, and as for Nikon vs Canon, it is like Ford vs Holden - both are good in their own way, but would stick with either of them & not go for any ft the others, - they have not been in the business so long for nothing.

My ex was a salesman and whatever he would get the most commision out of he was pushing it :(

I have heard many good things about Canons and Nikon that I will get one or the other.

I agree that when a lot of people get their first DSLR, they get a rude awakening. At first (depending on lens) they can be harder to get a good shot, even on auto.

I think I need a course!

agree - there is also a learning curve - like riding a bicycle or driving a manual car, sometimes it takes a while for it to all come together and be 2nd nature, but after a while, it all starts to click (pun intended!!!) Practice is the key, and also getting to know all your lenses, and all different sorts of lighting conditions - that way you will know straightaway what lens and settings you want when you see something and be able to capture the look you want (like the flamingo above), and not lose the shot fumbling to make changes instead.

I have been trying to read up on my panasonic's instructions and it has helped me understand exposure and a few other things more.