Litters Due In December

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just got home from the vet. She felt her tummy and she said it wasnt firm enough so she done a scan and we could see a few lumps but she said they looked more like food in her bowel. She has offered to scan for free next week to make sure but it looks like no babies for bella

So sorry to hear your news murmurstaffs :laugh: Did your vet have any suggestions on what to do next time? I've seen a few successful pregnancies in bitches that have reabsorbed their babies after they were given metaclopramide. Sending you hugs and better luck for next time

we x-rayed Sienna today and she is having 11!!

11 :laugh: It's going to be a busy Christmas for you!! Congratulations & good work Sienna!!

Mimi's had two litters of 12 so I'm hoping she's a little kinder to us with her Christmas Eve litter :)

Well just got home from the vet. She felt her tummy and she said it wasnt firm enough so she done a scan and we could see a few lumps but she said they looked more like food in her bowel. She has offered to scan for free next week to make sure but it looks like no babies for bella

So sorry to hear your news murmurstaffs :eek: Did your vet have any suggestions on what to do next time? I've seen a few successful pregnancies in bitches that have reabsorbed their babies after they were given metaclopramide. Sending you hugs and better luck for next time

She wants to put her on antibiotics from day 1 of her next heat and monitor her weekly with prog tests and maybe injections.

I will get a male from her even if it sends me bankrupt :laugh:

So sorry to hear your news murmurstaffs :rofl: Did your vet have any suggestions on what to do next time? I've seen a few successful pregnancies in bitches that have reabsorbed their babies after they were given metaclopramide. Sending you hugs and better luck for next time

She wants to put her on antibiotics from day 1 of her next heat and monitor her weekly with prog tests and maybe injections.

I will get a male from her even if it sends me bankrupt :)

Fingers crossed that you get your male :rofl: If your vet is happy too - try the metoclopramide too. It has a side effect of increasing the release of prolactin which helps to maintain the pregnancy in the early stages. The only other effect is to decrease nausea and speed up gut emptying (it's used (safely!) in human pregnancies to manage morning sickness)

Good luck - and I really feel for you with the disappointment.....

So sorry to hear your news murmurstaffs ;) Did your vet have any suggestions on what to do next time? I've seen a few successful pregnancies in bitches that have reabsorbed their babies after they were given metaclopramide. Sending you hugs and better luck for next time

I will get a male from her even if it sends me bankrupt :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed that you get your male :laugh: If your vet is happy too - try the metoclopramide too. It has a side effect of increasing the release of prolactin which helps to maintain the pregnancy in the early stages. The only other effect is to decrease nausea and speed up gut emptying (it's used (safely!) in human pregnancies to manage morning sickness)

Good luck - and I really feel for you with the disappointment.....

ive noted that down and i will bring it up when i see her on wednesday, thankyou

Murmarstaffs sorry to hear your news. :thumbsup:

Bokezu 11 ;) If Cynda has 6, then I will have 11 too..Kimba had 5 on 23-11, 4 girls :laugh: and 1 boy...all doing well...

Cynda is starting get quite large now ;) She is still going really good apart from the 'What is happening to my body' She is a bit overwhelmed with the whole pregnancy thing I think.. Will take some photos tomorrow..

I get our raspberry leaf tablets at the chemist, this is the first time Ive tried them. Hope they work as well as everyone says. Our silky girl has about a week to go
My poor baby girl is so FAT!!! poor little thing! only weeks to go I suppose but still I feel so sorry for her :(

Where would I go for rasberry leaf tablets? I have never tried them and considering poms are at the higher end of the scale when it comes to whelping complications and c-section I really am interested in this product - any suggestions or advise would be most appreciated :D

will have to take pictures of my girls belly.....

Best wishes to all xxoo

Thank you guys!

BB I gathered it was a wee bit late to try it, so will just have to continue on with all the other supplements and be prepared, but now I know where to get it, I will most certainly have it on hand and give it a go next litter as my other girl (due in season early next year) is my problem child and she would be great to try it - so many comment highly on it!!!

Thanks again :)

Partipaws some is better than nothing but you should have started at 2 weeks gestation.

Murmastaffs - sorry to hear your news :( that would be very disappointing for you.

Wishing you and your girl best if luck next time and may there be a special puppy waiting for you also...as the saying goes, good come to those who wait! :D

thank you.

now i want to ask, if you purchase a dam from a breeder and have a breeding contract with the breeder ie her 1st litter..... and this dog fails to become pregnant time after time...

would you be requesting from the breeder another dam or a refund??

im not saying i will do this but i want to look at my options as i did intentionaly want a girl i could mate and use as my base girl .... if that makes sense

Murmastaffs - sorry to hear your news :( that would be very disappointing for you.

Wishing you and your girl best if luck next time and may there be a special puppy waiting for you also...as the saying goes, good come to those who wait! ;)

thank you.

now i want to ask, if you purchase a dam from a breeder and have a breeding contract with the breeder ie her 1st litter..... and this dog fails to become pregnant time after time...

im not saying i will do this but i want to look at my options as i did intentionaly want a girl i could mate and use as my base girl .... if that makes sense

How many times has she not had a litter??

I would do some investigation and I recommend Margaret O'Riodan Natupathic Vet in Thornbury. I had a girl once who 3 times had no pups.

Took her to Margaret on day 2 (well friends hubby did under duress :) we where at the beach with the kids) mated her next day 5 pups. I have 2 other girls who will mate on day 2 as well relos of hers.

Murmastaffs - sorry to hear your news :mad that would be very disappointing for you.

Wishing you and your girl best if luck next time and may there be a special puppy waiting for you also...as the saying goes, good come to those who wait! :mad

thank you.

How many times has she not had a litter??

I would do some investigation and I recommend Margaret O'Riodan Natupathic Vet in Thornbury. I had a girl once who 3 times had no pups.

Took her to Margaret on day 2 (well friends hubby did under duress :mad we where at the beach with the kids) mated her next day 5 pups. I have 2 other girls who will mate on day 2 as well relos of hers.

this is the 3rd time

Here is little Miss Cyndalu at 7weeks... :mad

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

I got the stethoscope out last night and had a listen to Cynda's belly. Over Ody eating his biscuits in the background :mad I heard at least 1 puppy :mad

omg she is huge... poor lil poss

Murmarstaffs sorry to hear your news. :laugh:

Bokezu 11 :laugh: If Cynda has 6, then I will have 11 too..Kimba had 5 on 23-11, 4 girls :D and 1 boy...all doing well...

Cynda is starting get quite large now :) She is still going really good apart from the 'What is happening to my body' She is a bit overwhelmed with the whole pregnancy thing I think.. Will take some photos tomorrow..

Congratulations SBT 101 on Kimba's litter! :) lovely! look forward to pics :) you will have your hands full