My Poor Puppy

misscoco13

The breeder told me it could take up to 3 months for my papers to be given to me. My pup is on Main Register and is apparently co-ownership with the kennel. I want to show her and was hoping to get the papers sooner so I can register her in Tas. I'll try to get in contact with Dogs SA

Your dog will not require registration with the CC in Tasmania to be shown. If the pup is on ANKC Main Register and you have the ANKC registration number, she can be shown now provided YOU are a registered member of the Tasmanian CC (whatever its called).

Has the breeder registered the pup in joint names? You really need to know this now. Its the breeder you need to talk to.

I signed a contract saying my pup would be in my name and the Breeders name and registered on Main Register. But if she has a litter then breeder will give me full ownership.

I've tried talking to the breeder, when I call she's too busy to talk or driving, and when I email she doesn't write back. Since the money was paid she hasn't been interested. She did seem worried when she first got sick (was worms) but after I told her about the worms she hasn't bothered :rofl:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The breeder told me it could take up to 3 months for my papers to be given to me. My pup is on Main Register and is apparently co-ownership with the kennel. I want to show her and was hoping to get the papers sooner so I can register her in Tas. I'll try to get in contact with Dogs SA

What does Co-ownership mean? Did you know when you purchased??

ETA,What's the deal,some kind of contract as to what you can't do etc?

Papers in ex-owners name & yourself ?

I signed a contract before the pup was sent to me. I think every contract is different but this is my first pup on main registration so I'm not sure. Not so much what I can't do with her, the only 'requirements' were to do with breeding. And if I can't take care of her or if I move and can't keep her or anything like that the breeder wants to know first and she may or may not buy her back.

Your dog will not require registration with the CC in Tasmania to be shown. If the pup is on ANKC Main Register and you have the ANKC registration number, she can be shown now provided YOU are a registered member of the Tasmanian CC (whatever its called).

Has the breeder registered the pup in joint names? You really need to know this now. Its the breeder you need to talk to.

I signed a contract saying my pup would be in my name and the Breeders name and registered on Main Register. But if she has a litter then breeder will give me full ownership.

I've tried talking to the breeder, when I call she's too busy to talk or driving, and when I email she doesn't write back. Since the money was paid she hasn't been interested. She did seem worried when she first got sick (was worms) but after I told her about the worms she hasn't bothered :)

Is the puppy thriving now?

That must be very frustrating everything falling on deaf ears.

Did you try buy this puppy out-right in the beginning?

Never been mixed up in deals,just sounds strange that breeder would put in your name soley after a litter,does this mean you have to use the breeders" stud & breeder has pick of litter?

By the way none of my business & should you choose not to answer my questions,just curious as I've never heard of one like this.

Others here may understand this more than I do.

I've tried talking to the breeder, when I call she's too busy to talk or driving, and when I email she doesn't write back. Since the money was paid she hasn't been interested. She did seem worried when she first got sick (was worms) but after I told her about the worms she hasn't bothered :)

Is the puppy thriving now?

That must be very frustrating everything falling on deaf ears.

Did you try buy this puppy out-right in the beginning?

Never been mixed up in deals,just sounds strange that breeder would put in your name soley after a litter,does this mean you have to use the breeders" stud & breeder has pick of litter?

By the way none of my business & should you choose not to answer my questions,just curious as I've never heard of one like this.

Others here may understand this more than I do.

Yeah she's doing really well now, still has a sensitive stomach. For example, if someone feeds her something different to her regular kibble or treats, she can get the squirts for a day or so. I do tell everyone DON'T FEED HER but they do it behind my back and I only find out when I take her outside. I think her stomach may still be tender after eating some sort of glue on a tap in the backyard but she's doing fine on her regular food, it's only when someone gives her something I've told them not to.

I don't have to use the breeder's stud, but that is an option. I was told that I could pick a stud from her kennel and she would send down the semen. I have to pay a 'breeding premium' of $500 for the first litter and the breeder gets two pups for nothing. It seemed a bit much to me but this is my first papered dog so I just went with it. I'm not fussed about breeding her, that's atleast 2 years away if at all.

I do feel a bit duped. I'm glad I got the pup, she's growing on me and is becoming a part of my family which is great. But I also thought that I was going to get support from the breeder which I haven't. I still haven't received any advice on showing her from the breeder although I was promised that when I put a deposit down. I paid the deposit before she was even born which I now know was pretty thick.

I apologise to the OP for hijacking their thread :thumbsup: