Where To Buy A Dog Grooming Table

kat99

I want to buy a dog grooming table its for my pet boy he has a huge coat , and hates being brushed easy on my back as well . dont want one to expensive . or even a second hand one . any suggestion where i can get one ??

Edited by kat99

Make your own - can get the size you want and not that expensive to do.

Bunnings sell folding trestle legs, identical to those on some tables you can buy. Then you go to their timber section and get an appropriate size ply. Then to the area with carpets and linos and you can get the pyramid matting or marine carpet or rubber or whatever you like then to the glues and get an adhesive.

Drive home. Assemble. The trestle legs came with screws and took about 5 to 10 minutes to attach and then a few minutes to glue the matting on. I did it so that it was overhanging and then used a stanley knife to trim it to size afterwards. I think the total cost was around $50, the legs being the most expensive at around $25.

I made mine about 5 or 6 years ago now, it stands up under the verandah and is still as solid as can be. Just be careful the ply you buy. Mine was a bit warped so my table is not perfectly level but does the job.

eta: You can buy the metal edging stuff and put that on for a bit of extra cost if you want a really professional finish. I never bothered and the matting has not lifted. My table is well used - Jazz loves it and jumps on and off multiple times a day and frequently sleeps on it.

Edited by piper