Heartworm Protection

B-Q

I have been using Sentinel Spectrum as my wormer and Advantix as my flea/tick control.

I've run out and need to buy more and just noticed that Sentinel is also a flea protector. I would prefer not to double up because I'm going to stay with Advantix anyway because we've never had a problem with paralysis ticks while they've been on it.

Instead I was thinking of changing to Heartguard as the heartworm protection, but am I right in thinking that they only provide protection from heartworm and not other worms aswell? Would I be better off staying with Sentinel + Advantix.

Whats everyone else use?

We just use Sentinel as it covers everything except adult fleas. Used monthly I have never had a flea problem. If you do spot an adult flea you can just give a capstar tablet, they are inexpensive and will kill adult fleas starting in about 1/2 an hour. I think advantix is the one you shouldnt use if you have cats but advantage is an alternative that does the flea side of things.

I use Revolution. Once a month squeezed onto the back of the neck and protects against heartworm, fleas, ticks and some other parasites

(including ear mite I think). Available for cats also.

Revolution does not cover paralysis ticks.

Interceptor is cheaper than sentinel so you will save money that way too :)