Extremes Of Activity

Kirislin

I had an interesting and funny conversation with a bloke the other day. He's got a working border collie in Qld (that he rescued from the Coldstream animal aid :party: ) and he said they put a tracking system on it one day while it was working. At the end of the day it had done 82 kms. The next day they put it on the house dog and at the end of the day it had done 100 mts :)

I had an interesting and funny conversation with a bloke the other day. He's got a working border collie in Qld (that he rescued from the Coldstream animal aid :party: ) and he said they put a tracking system on it one day while it was working. At the end of the day it had done 82 kms. The next day they put it on the house dog and at the end of the day it had done 100 mts :)

OMG that is a lot of kilometres,very surprising too he certainly earns his keep,I want to send one of mine to him,perhaps I should also go,just for a few months. :party:

I once read an article about how far a range of people/animals walked.

It amazed me that the average housewife in the 50's would walk up to 30,000 steps a day.

They had a calculation for how much more a working dog worked than a farmer. Something like clocking up up to four hours extra work a day and a couple km's extra.

And all for a pat and a bone! :party::)