Amstaffs, Breeding Away From Standards

geo

57 puppies in a month! I'm guessing this breeder also registered large numbers of other breed puppies aswell :D

Not in the Oct journal - only Amstaffs, but now I'm going to go look back through a few back issues...

Sonia

Yikes, another 7 litters, same breeder, in the July Journal. 34 more puppies. All Amstaffs, all born in Dec/Jan/Feb... plus another breeder, different kennel name with two parent that have the first breeder's kennel name...

Sonia

ETA - Every journal I have opened so far has puppies bred by this one breeder, and I'm talking multiple litters per month.

You're not on about a certain 'Greek' breeder are you, he must have 50 dogs on his yard. Hopefully the good breeders wil keep these dogs out of their breeding programs.

Snap! Anyone got a copy of the dvd i have been meaning to watch it for a while now .... NOT!

must be making a fortune! some of the other breeders even thank him and people write on his site saying,"oh you're dogs are so much better", these people will have never met a 'real' amstaff, if pitbulls were legal these people would be breeding them becasue that's what they really want (a name to let everyone know how tough they are), though they'd be putting them on stereroids and giving them a bad name too.

If i wanted to make a big slow useless dog i breed like these people (though these dogs may be safer in the hands of the bogans instead of a high prey driven dog), if i wanted a big hunting dog with drive i get a proper hunting dog, if i wanted to be tough i'd go to the gym and get tough not buy a dog and put jewellery on it!

He must freight them everywhere!! You can find adds in just about every online market place, i've seen them advertised up in the NT news.

Do other breeds suffer from this problem? or is just bull breeds...

57 puppies in a month! I'm guessing this breeder also registered large numbers of other breed puppies aswell :D

Not in the Oct journal - only Amstaffs, but now I'm going to go look back through a few back issues...

Sonia

Yikes, another 7 litters, same breeder, in the July Journal. 34 more puppies. All Amstaffs, all born in Dec/Jan/Feb... plus another breeder, different kennel name with two parent that have the first breeder's kennel name...

Sonia

ETA - Every journal I have opened so far has puppies bred by this one breeder, and I'm talking multiple litters per month.

You're not on about a certain 'Greek' breeder are you, he must have 50 dogs on his yard. Hopefully the good breeders wil keep these dogs out of their breeding programs.

Snap! Anyone got a copy of the dvd i have been meaning to watch it for a while now .... NOT!

I've got the power :laugh::rofl: :D

I fell off my chair laughing the first time I watched that, then I realised he's serious and it was no longer funny

• 2 weeks later...
57 puppies in a month! I'm guessing this breeder also registered large numbers of other breed puppies aswell :)

Sonia

Sonia

I've got the power ;) :(:o

I fell off my chair laughing the first time I watched that, then I realised he's serious and it was no longer funny

I kinda wanna know what's on this mystery dvd! Is it a balding older man running around with his happy, well balanced pack of healthy dogs? :rofl:

I can't think of the right section to put this comment in, so I'll put it here in the Amstaff thread...

I just noticed in my latest (Oct '10) journal that there were 58 :eek: (yup!) Amstaff pups registered from one breeder IN ONE MONTH!!!

WTF?? :thumbsup:

One or two litters is enough to cope with in any one YEAR, let alone 8 litters in one month!!!

Sonia (picking up my jaw off the ground...)

ETA: Sorry counted wrong... it was only 57... whew!!

I picked up on that as well I actually counted several times in shock

Ok they all have papers but I hope they have workers there to help socialize the pups

These "big headed, guard amstaff" breeders are just doing what bad breeders always do. This is a perfect example of why BSL fails, take away one breed and the unethical people that ruined it will just move on to the next breed.