Competing At Ccd After 3 Passes Gained

Hi all

I've read the rules and I can't say I'm any clearer on how this all works.

I have two passes from two different judges towards Bronte's CCD already. I have two trials this weekend and I would like to enter another in November at CCD level. Now here's the question.... If I get another pass on Saturday, does that mean I can't do the trial on the Sunday that I've already entered, or because I've already entered they will still let me do it? And as well, I assume it means I just flat out can't enter a CCD class in the Nov trial, does that sound right?

I've probably just jinxed myself after asking that, I'm not being cocky, but she is working really nicely at the minute and I don't want to do anything against trialling ettiquette.

Thanks

Edited - Can't type.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

I know of 1 competitor here in sydney who has 7 passes in CCD ??? :D

Oh that's not right.

If I get a pass this weekend I'm going to give Southern a miss, I wouldn't feel right in the class when others are trying to gain their passes. I'll do Gisborne though, but like I said, I've probably jinxed myself now and it'll take me another six trials to get my next pass.

SmoothieGirl,

If your available come to our Tues night trial class tomorrow night. We can go through some rules and put you through the ring as we treat it like a trial. We also go inside afterwards for a coffee/tea/cold drink and can chat about anything your not sure on.

I'll see how I go Melody, if I get out of work on time I might come down, but might be breaking my neck to get there by 6.30 in that traffic. I'll have to help with packing up btw, I'll never be there in time to set up.

Hopefully I'll be there, if its dodgy weather I might give it a miss though, I had enough of that on the weekend between trialing in the rain and refencing a horse paddock on Sat. :D

If you get your title after close of entry you have every right to compete in CCD at the next trials. You aren't stopping others from getting passes by entering :D

In WA entries tend to close on Mondays and trial secretaries are often good at letting people ring up and change their class just at or after entries have closed if they gain a title on the weekend prior to COE. Of course you can't compete at the new level until you have applied for your title though!

Edited by mirawee

Shel, Koori has 4 CCD passes. She was entered in two trials in two weeks and gained her title the first weekend. We were give the option to do CCD or be moved up to novice, she wasn't ready for novice so she did ccd. South doesn't close until the 5th of November so I would leave it until the week before to enter. I don't think you need worry Miss Bronte is going brilliantly.

Hmmm, see how we go. We aren't ready to tackle CD yet anyways. While I've got her SFE pretty good now (after lots and lots of work), I think offlead with more distance she might have a meltdown and I don't want to shake her confidence. I'd also like to improve her leg stickness in her off lead heeling too, its not up to competitive trialing yet. You know what I mean NC, laggy Collies. :thumbsup:

If you get your title after close of entry you have every right to compete in CCD at the next trials. You aren't stopping others from getting passes by entering :thumbsup:

In WA entries tend to close on Mondays and trial secretaries are often good at letting people ring up and change their class just at or after entries have closed if they gain a title on the weekend prior to COE. Of course you can't compete at the new level until you have applied for your title though!

Entries don't close until a couple of weeks, so I'll know well and truely where I'll stand after this weekend.

:thumbsup: I know exactly what you mean Shel! We're still working on that too. Out of the ring she's great but when I go in the ring and start having a melt down the wheels fall off. Ah well, she won't be doing open so the longer it takes to title the more trials I have to enjoy. Right?

Should point out you only have to have applied for your title to enter into the next level. It doesn't have to have come back from the CC, which is just as well really given how long that can take!

Should point out you only have to have applied for your title to enter into the next level. It doesn't have to have come back from the CC, which is just as well really given how long that can take!

Hmm, I've noticed. This year her papers have spent as much time with them as they have at home.