Happy Birthday To Three Lovely Dogs

Odin-Genie

Three years back we drove in pelting rain to pick up a darling little puppy who stole our hearts the moment we set eyes on him at the breeders' place.

When I took him in my arms and started walking towards the car, I was quite nervous. I had only had dogs when I was a child. This was the first dog I and my OH were going to be responsible for as adults. Would we be able to take care of him properly? Would he be happy with us?

Odin slept in my arms during the 1 hr drive home, his tiny cold nose poking my neck. We had everything set for him at home: the puppy pen, bed, food, toys. He walked in like he owned the place and started playing. It was a delight to watch him.

At puppy class, he was the teacher's pet. He got everything in one go. But he was stubborn. He wouldn't do stuff unless he wanted to. At home, he would often turn the training into a game and soon we would all be laughing and playing. He chewed through my walls, trashed at least 20 dog beds, poured mulch all over my carpet during his first six months. But no one could look at those eyes and be angry at him.

Today he is a joy to have around. I can never cuddle him enough. He is sensitive, happy, non-reactive. But more than anything else, he fills my heart with joy.

So here's wishing my darling Odin a very happy birthday. He is three today. And here's also wishing his siblings Elky and Hannah a very happy birthday as well.

:laugh: :D :)

:thumbsup::eek::eek: Happy birthday Hannah, Odin and Elky...

And also Arnie :)

Thanks. Elky visited us last evening and the two brothers played non-stop for over four hours. I grilled minced turkey patties for them with sprinkled cheese on top!!! We initially had plans to take them out but the rain killed that plan. However, I think they enjoyed wrestling on the carpet more :)

:):(:cheer::cheer:

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY ODIN. Would be great to see some photos of the birthday boy.

Thanks. How can I resist posting photos of Odin :cheer:

Here are two photos, one puppy photo taken 5 minutes after he got home on the very first day :cheer:

post-25771-1288238746_thumb.jpg

post-25771-1288238854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Odin-Genie

HE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL, you must be so proud of him and rightfully so!

He is. He is amazing. When he is playing with smaller dogs, he would sit down or roll over to make them comfortable, with old dogs he is extremely gentle. And this is particularly impressive considering that he is extremely confident and will never be submissive to a dog trying to bully him. He is also very independent and cheeky, but extremely caring. I could go on and on........

But yes, I am extremely proud of him.

What kind of dogs do you have Moselle?

Happy birthday gorgeous boy! :rofl:

How could you not have fallen in love with that sweet little puppy! What little poser he was, the only baby photos I have of Saxon staying still were when he was asleep :laugh:

Thanks Saxonpup. As I said, Odin walked into the house on his very first day as if he owned the place :rofl: Was very confident. The breeder (Elkie1) told me that he might not eat anything or cry in the night. Well, the little devil promptly cleaned off his dinner and slept through the night :thumbsup:

By the way, this was a lucky shot. Most photos from that time include half a tail, one paw, a disappearing ear......

Happy birthday gorgeous boy! :thumbsup:

How could you not have fallen in love with that sweet little puppy! What little poser he was, the only baby photos I have of Saxon staying still were when he was asleep :rofl:

By the way, love your dog in the avatar photo! Lovely eyes.