Starting In Obedience And Agilty

Guest Pandii

I am all new to this, what books would you recommend to read first please

What sort of things to teach the pup first too.

And what is important or things I should or must do

If you go to the www.cleanrun.com website, you will find heaps to choose from. Go into their "free shipping" section...they are very reasonably priced especially considering our exchange rate at present. I have The Focused Puppy book (a good one to get even before you get your pup), In Focus Foundation Work & the Puppy Sounds CD. I am also thinking of getting The Pre-Sports Puppy & In Focus Beginning Obstacle Skills. By the way, I don't have a puppy, thats just in rediness for when I do, besides they all contain some info which is applicable to even grown up dogs.....we never stop learning :laugh:

Edited by sheena

Thanks for the links will go and look, pup is not due here until december, so just researching and gathering information now

Agree with Sheena - and also have a look at this Australian site. I really like the Moe Strenfel agility foundation dvd.

IMHO the most important things to work on with your pup for agility and obedience, is to build a great relationship, so that your pup loves to work with you, and is happy to focus on you.

This DVD from this site will cost you $60.00 including postage. Clean Run have it for $39.95 including postage. Another one I have, is Susan Garret's Crate Training. I am a bit of an addict when it comes to collecting DVD & books on this subject.....lucky I have a very understanding OH :laugh:

Clean Run have all their Clean Run produced DVD's on "free postage" till the end of December. So I think I will probably have added a few more by then.

The latest one I have ordered is "How Many Dogs?" which I am hoping will help me out with how to cope with more than one dog when I get my

new puppy. :laugh: