Crib Stop

Ok so I tried spraying (and almost choking myself in the process) Crib Stop on my trees and things I don't want my dog chewing on and it seems I was just seasoning them for him as he is continuing to chew!

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Ok so I tried spraying (and almost choking myself in the process) Crib Stop on my trees and things I don't want my dog chewing on and it seems I was just seasoning them for him as he is continuing to chew!

Use tree guards or fence them off.

What do you give your dog to chew on?

Use tree guards or fence them off.

What do you give your dog to chew on?

He normally gets either a bone or a kong everyday and he has heaps of toys (soft toys, harder toys, balls, ropes) to play with.

Tree guards or fencing off is the obvious answer but I guess was hoping I could find something else to deter him or occupy him.

He's also a digger!

Feel your pain lol. My 10 month old licks the crib stop off my wooden outdoor furnature then chews it to bits. I've taken it away now and am storing it elsewhere hoping he will just grow out of it. My guy has plenty of chew toys but doesn't use them ever.

Don't know of any other things to try. Just a puppy thing I think :(

Feel your pain lol. My 10 month old licks the crib stop off my wooden outdoor furnature then chews it to bits. I've taken it away now and am storing it elsewhere hoping he will just grow out of it. My guy has plenty of chew toys but doesn't use them ever.

Don't know of any other things to try. Just a puppy thing I think :(

Yep, mines 10 months as well! Doesn't help that he gives me those big beautiful puppy dog eyes and then I can't be angry with him!

Doesn't matter how many different toys I give him, nothing seems to entertain him for long! Ahh the joys or having a puppy!

I think join the club of pup owners. Interestingly enough I saw on the Beagle site in order to stop their Beagle from chewing up the retic they put in dummy

retic, the Beagle chewed on that for awhile then stopped, not that I am sugesting you plant more trees. My Beagle has been pretty good, but then I am

with him a lot so can stop him, incidentaly spraying things just makes him lick, it then makes him sick, usualy in the middle of the night not fun Beagie

Not surprised Oil of cloves makes the mouth go numb.

Shannon lush uses a couple of drops of it in a litre of water to kill mould and mildew.

She uses 1/2 a teaspoon of lavender oil in water to repel dogs (from re-annointing carpet). That might work. She said that there is a huge difference between fresh lavender which dogs quite like, and lavender oil. I guess I must be part dog, because I like the smell of fresh, but find the smell of oil a bit hard to take.

A couple of drops of eucalyptus oil or tee tree oil in a litre of water might also work - smells ferocious (vicks vapour rub?) and tastes horrible. A lot of it is - like the other stuff - toxic - ie will make you or the dog ill.

Aloe vera is also pretty horrible tasting - even to a dog - but I don't know how you get the cactus juice into a spray. It's too gooey.

edit - fingers not type what I meant. Naughty fingers.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket