Magnetic Pet Beds Any Good?

GSD FAN

I am looking at new bedding options for my GSD. She's 10 years old. She's on Vets All Natural Joint Formula which has helped her greatly, but notice she's still a bit stiff when she gets up, and takes a while to lay down. Has anyone tried magnetic pet beds? Do they help? Any other ideas on what to use? She sleeps outside, alhough I wish she could be sleeping in my bed :laugh:

My dogs aren't old, but they have a heated dog bed that I bought from Aldi a few months ago and they love it. Perhaps something like that could be comforting for your dog, but obviously that requires a powerpoint.

Could your dog sleep inside? Is that an option?

Thanks for the comments so far. Unfortunately the inside living arrangements isnt an option - not my choice but until i can afford to move its my only option. she does have coat that i put on her during winter.

is there any type of bedding thats recommended for arthritic dogs - should i get something soft or something with support, or something off the ground? At the moment she sleeps in her travel kennel with a mat in there.

Thanks for the comments so far. Unfortunately the inside living arrangements isnt an option - not my choice but until i can afford to move its my only option. she does have coat that i put on her during winter.

is there any type of bedding thats recommended for arthritic dogs - should i get something soft or something with support, or something off the ground? At the moment she sleeps in her travel kennel with a mat in there.

Read the Memory Foam post. My 13yo gsd suffers arthritis in the back & hips. 3 years ago I got some memory foam cut and covered, its been excellent for her. This year I also got an electric foam mattress which I put on top and I think that helped her get thru this cold winter. She,s an indoor dog, but do you have an outdoor power point you could run a lead from or maybe invest in a snuggle safe heat pad for winter and get some memory foam cut to fit her kennel.