Is Your Dog Well Trained Or Just Well Behaved?

dee lee

Is your dog well trained or just well behaved?

Pele, the almost perfect is both :D

Pele was once known as "Perilous Pele", which then became the "Ferilous Perilous" and then shortened to the "Feral Peril" or just "The Feral!!!" She was mayhem on 4 legs :laugh: She's a good girl now and very civilized and well trained :( Now to get that CDX title :rolleyes:

I don't think there's much difference. Kivi is easy to get along with and would be without the training, but there's no way he'd do what he was told if we didn't do lots of training with him. I mean, he IS a male spitz. We just do basic stuff like recall and LLW. We practice a lot, so he's good at doing what he's asked. Erik is a handful. He's well trained BECAUSE he's not naturally well behaved. Without training that dog would be something like a small tornado. He's more biddable than Kivi by far, but he's also in a whole other class when it comes to bratty behaviour. He had tried more bratty things in the first few days we had him than Kivi has tried in his whole life.

Neither are especially well trained in that they are perfectly behaved all the time. They are well trained in that they do what we ask of them. There are lots of things we don't expect of them that we maybe should. They are a product of our lifestyle and what's important to us. They are trained to have fun with us.

the spin is an angel, but if she sees 'prey' her ears switch off :(

I only let her off for a run at the beach as she cannot go anywhere there, although when there is low tide she has chased birdies almost to Fraser Island :rolleyes: :laugh: no joke!!!!

Sounds a bit like Honey!! :D

She always does what I ask of her- except when she gets a better "offer" (ie something she loves to chase), it happens so infrequently though. :D

Edited by ✽deelee