Boarding Kennel - Brisbane

kated

Hello!

I've browsed through a few replies here but thought I'd make a thread as well to get a good idea. At the end of the year I am away for 3 weeks and have to board my very lovable 12 month old border collie. He was originally going to stay with my parents up the Sunshine Coast but unfortunately this week their 13 year old border collie received some not so good news from the vet so I feel it's best if we don't put him there as he'll stress her out way too much :laugh:

I am after all your recommendations (and where not tos as well) on boarding kennels in the Brisbane area. I am willing to drive up or down the coast if the place is exceptional. Busta is very loving and very active (loooves other dogs) so would need somewhere that does lots of play time and looottsss of cuddles. It will be his first time at a kennel so was even thinking of sticking him there for a night or two before we go.

Thanks in advance!

Kate

We used to board our shelties at the Samford Boarding Kennels (I think they might call it Samford Pet Resort). We were very happy with the care & attention.

Now it's the only kennels where we'd leave our tibbies. They have a pick-up/return service from various vet clinics all over Brisbane. So owners don't have to drive all the way to Samford...which is just outside the Brisbane boundary, near the north-western suburbs.

I spent hours on the phone yesterday ringing every kennel I could find between Redcliffe and Gympie. Most actually had a bit of a chuckle when I said I was after something over the Christmas break. I MIGHT have found something at Eumundi. Fingers crossed.

This morning I booked Banjo in to a Pet Resort at Rothwell from december 29th till January 2nd. They took all his and my details, and my credit card number for a 50% deposit. They then called me 15 minutes later to say they wouldn't take him after all as they have a 10 night minimum, would I like to extend his visit?

I said No as there is no way I can afford 10 nights at 27.50/night, plus an extra $10 per 15 minute walk and $5.50 per 15 minute play.

I'm pretty pissed off actually that they can cancell me so easily, but if I'd cancelled them I'd have been out of pocket 25% of the booking fee. And in those 15 minutes I'd rung and told my sister we would definately see her over x-mas. (She has been away for 5 years) then had to immediately ring her back and say no, actually, we won't be seeing you over Christmas.

But anyway, much as I don't feel like sending them business, they seem to have at least a 10 day vacancy over the busiest part of Christmas/new year, so very possible you may get your 4 weeks there if you call them soon enough.

There's the Moggill Pet Motel in the Western Suburbs. They are also breeders of Beagles and have owned and operated for nearly 30 years.

Also the Country Pet Motel in Glamorganvale, past Ipswich - very nice family and well cared for dogs and only 17.00/day.

Also the Country Pet Motel in Glamorganvale, past Ipswich - very nice family and well cared for dogs and only 17.00/day.

I have used Country Pet Motel on numerous occasions and can thoroughly recommend it...the people who own/run it are lovely, the place is clean and nice, and no charging through the nose for "extras". :laugh:

Edited by New Age Outlaw

I have used Country Pet Motel on numerous occasions and can thoroughly recommend it...the people who own/run it are lovely, the place is clean and nice, and no charging through the nose for "extras". :laugh:

I agree, the dogs also get hydrobathed before they leave which is a nice touch. Lucy's mother, Abby comes from their kennels.

Sorry RPM girl, I have had a bad day and am a wee bit tipsy. Or rolling drunk, which ever you prefer. Is Abbey your dog? Did she come from the owners of the boarding kennel at Rothwell??

It looks like a fantastic place to leave your dog. Just disapointed by them booking us then cancelling us.

Sorry RPM girl, I have had a bad day and am a wee bit tipsy. Or rolling drunk, which ever you prefer. Is Abbey your dog? Did she come from the owners of the boarding kennel at Rothwell??

It looks like a fantastic place to leave your dog. Just disapointed by them booking us then cancelling us.

Hi Lucy's Mama - (this is going to get confusing now). Lucy is my dog - she's a yellow Lab. The motel I was recommending is just past Ipswich - called the Country Pet Motel. The Zammits (owners) also breed labradors. Abbey (owned by the Zammits) is my Lucy's mother.

Whew - that was confusing.

Hope you are having a better day :D

Hi Lucy's Mama - (this is going to get confusing now). Lucy is my dog - she's a yellow Lab. The motel I was recommending is just past Ipswich - called the Country Pet Motel. The Zammits (owners) also breed labradors. Abbey (owned by the Zammits) is my Lucy's mother.

Whew - that was confusing.

Hope you are having a better day :laugh:

They do breed labs, but are they CCCQ registered breeders?