Melbourne Doggy Date!

spitzbaby

Hi all,

After checking out the beach I think the place is great, it's huge and there is enough space for you to separate out from the big group.

However, I have not been there on a weekend but I'm sure if there's anything we can go do something else as a group :laugh:

We are going to have a new year party!! Should we come in red? :walkdog:

Where: Brighton Beach

Parking: Lots along Bay St and Sandown St(?)

When: 2 January 2011 :thumbsup:

Time: 11am

Who would be available to come and join in the fun? :rofl:

Attendees:

Spitzbaby

xKALIx

AnimalMad

LucyCharzie

Pointees

SmoothieGirl(tbc)

Edited by spitzbaby

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEEEE!!!

I love the dog beach! Jump on google maps and have a look at the area (just type in Brighton dog beach, it knows where it is) and have a look. There's lots of parking down bay road but I usually park on the street that starts with S (can't remember the name)

I vote we meet in the middle of the sand, as a group and go form there. Little dogs can stay around the middle and the big dogs can go nuts down the end...

Would Bert and Sally like to join us? :laugh:

sorry mate, 27th is a bad day for us, I have to work in the morning and its also state election day so we wont be able to make it

OMG! I totally forgot about the election :(:laugh:

Kairu has school on saturday mornings too... I think we need to change the date now so sorry!!

Would everyone prefer saturdays or sundays?

Since election is on the 27th.. maybe the next saturday...or the sunday 28th? :laugh:I'm so indecisive... :laugh:

ETA: I think I'm going to go there sometime to scout the place and see what it's like on a weekday.. anyone free during the week next week?

Edited by spitzbaby

That's ok KALI... I'm going to scout on a weekday to see the place first... still not sure when we're having the weekend one.. but definitely coming :laugh:

That's awesome kerropiyo! I also don't know how to get there... and no gps.. I have to rely on my crappy phone googlemap haha..

Why don't we go next wednesday?

I completely forgot about the date it was on and organised for a family to come to see their bunny they're getting in 5 weeks :angeldevil: They're coming at 10am and I expect would be here an hour.. I could change them to another day, they were quite happy to come whenever, so maybe i'll just change them around :thumbsup:

I have taken Dexter to both Brighton and Altona - Brighton is good because it is fenced (piece of mind) and Dexter likes the huge amount of Dogs and the frantic pace.

The Altona beach is good because you can walk a fair way and the doggies can play while you walk, but no fences so dogs need to have reasonable recall (it's a decent way off the road). Also that's where Dexter ate jelly fish and we had 6-8 weeks of stomache recovery :thumbsup:

They both smell - I think Brighton probably smells worse - lets face it it first they are beaches, then they are dog beaches :angeldevil:

None the less I will continue to use both of them and will hopfeully make it when we decide on when we are going.

CF.

I completely forgot about the date it was on and organised for a family to come to see their bunny they're getting in 5 weeks :mad They're coming at 10am and I expect would be here an hour.. I could change them to another day, they were quite happy to come whenever, so maybe i'll just change them around :eek:

OH! We were going to have them on the 27th but it is state election so I thought it'd be better on the 28th... when is the family coming to see the bunnies? I'm sure we can shift ours around too since it's not really set yet. :angeldevil:

ETA: CF I do prefer fenced even though Kairu has some reliable recall.. I'm still not 100% on it :thumbsup:

I'm going to go check them out this Wednesday I think with kerropiyo, if she can come :rofl: would you like to come along?

Edited by spitzbaby