My Girl Has Turned Into Destructo-dog!

Babesmum

I am hoping someone can help.....

I went away for 4 days a couple of weeks ago and while I was gone and since I returned my girl Babe has been very naughty. Into the fridge eating anything she could pull out...... tearing apart the rubbish bin.....my Tupperware cupboard chewing lids.....kids toy boxes...and yesterday she somehow got onto my sons shelf and pulled down some toys to get to his fish food!!!

She has toys of her own, but doesn't go near them. Today I put a chicken neck into the water bottle she started destroying yesterday and this kept her occupied, but I can't keep replacing water bottles every day.

Please help!! My hubby is becoming very annoyed at this behaviour and I now worry every time I have to leave her alone.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Lis :thumbsup:

extra information:

* Babe is 3 yo so not a puppy by any means. When I went away she stayed at home with hubby and my kids.

* She has a Kong which I'm going to try and get her interested in. I'm very limited as to what food can go into though as she has a skin disorder and is on a strict diet.

* how can I reprimand her? By the time I get home the destruction is over. I thought you had to reprimand them while they are in the act of misbehaviour?

Thanks again

Edited by Babesmum

You went away....

It happens, when you come back dogs test boundaries.....be 100% consistent with the rules and boundaries and it 'should' fade.

Side note: Don't get angry - it's only humans that let dogs get into mischeif. Angry will not help you at all.

Edited by sas