giraffez

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG too adorable. :(:):rofl:

Was last night better? Great advice from Monah. I am sure that will get used to each other and will be playing in no time. Give your older dog "time out" away from the puppy being all over him when you think he needs it.

Thanks, he is a cutie. Many people have provided some excellent advice on this post so thanks to all! :)

The whinning is still there but i noticed that its not as much in the day time as compared to night.

Today's play was quite friendly, but my older dog is rather rough so i have to step in from time to time.

I also observed one more thing that causes my older dog to snap. My pup is teething so he will chew anything and everything - including my older dog :) I suspect my older dog got bitten by his razor sharp teeth at one stage so he is sensitive to my pup snapping so the older dog snaps first.

This pup is quite stubborn, when he bites me, i turn him on this back, hold his muzzle and say no. Whilst it works for me "just", it doesn't when he does it to my older dog. When this happens, i take him straight away and turn him on his back and do the "no". But as soon as i let him go, he snaps at the older dog again. :) I've tried the "yelp" and ignore method too but that doesn't work for this pup... he simply goes on playing.

Any suggestions for this?