Aussie Bulldog In Urgent Need In Cairns

Winterpaws

Is there anyone in Cairns who can help a 7 yr old male bulldog. Vetwork is all done.

He was rescued from Wyong Pound in 2005 and rehomed but unfortunately his paperwork does not appear to have been processed by the pound as I have received a call that he is in need and still microchipped to my name.

Obviously not being up there it is difficult to comment on his temprament but he was fine whilst in care. He was kennelled with other dogs down at Cordys Rescue. She had no difficulties with him.

He has not passed a behaviour assessment by the RSPCA - they think that he may resource guard.

His ""adoptive" owner has been contacted and they have said that his only issue was that he would get a bit excited around little kids and might knock them over. They had no issues with him otherwise. We understand that the relationship broke up and the girlfriend got custody of Oscar only to give him away. The new owner has obviously put little effort into finding him as he has been in a pound for two weeks.

He only has today left and I was only contacted yesterday (but did not get messages until I got him after work). So we need a miracle to find him some care

post-3016-1291075647_thumb.jpg

I have a kennel here he could stay in whilst alternative options are found but he'd have to stay outside in the day pen as I have a dominant male.

Oh thanks Sas but he is up in Cairns and probably best not to transport him at the moment. The Yaps people sound really sensible and they are a no kill shelter.

He's all sorted - I hope

I'm paying to board him for a week and then he will go into rescue.

To his adoptive owner who knows he is there and will be PTS tomorrow and could not care - F%$# you!

All well said. Specially the last bit.

YAPS is in Cairns where I live and that is where we are currently boarding Rusty, a red male ACD. If I can help in any way please let me know. PM me if you need him picked up from the pound or anything else.

Edited by Belgrael

YAPS is in Cairns where I live and that is where we are currently boarding Rusty, a red male ACD. If I can help in any way please let me know. PM me if you need him picked up from the pound or anything else.

Thanks Belgrael.

The RSPCA staff have been wonderful and at this stage I understand that they will deliver him to Yaps tomorrow for me. He is also going into boarding at this stage until they have a rescue spot available and I will cover those costs.

It just goes to show that no matter how many questions you ask and how damn a good home it is - you can never be sure. As Jac also pointed out today - you always tell people to call you if they have ANY issues and they still don't!!! You have to wonder if you are bashing your head against a brick wall

Have to thank Jac (Cordy) for her help in this as she did all the investigative work to find out what was going on with the old owner and she has also offered to help out with his boarding costs if need be

ea - but if you see him when if you are there can you give the old guy a cuddle for me and tell him it's all going to be OK :thumbsup: In his case the council stuff up has saved his life...

Edited by Winterpaws

Great stuff. I'm popping over to YAPS tomorrow to photograph a blue female ACD they want help with rehoming so I will give him a cuddle for you. Do you need any good photos of him? If so I can snap some off when I am there.

Great stuff. I'm popping over to YAPS tomorrow to photograph a blue female ACD they want help with rehoming so I will give him a cuddle for you. Do you need any good photos of him? If so I can snap some off when I am there.

Thanks for the offer but Yaps is rehoming him eventually. But if you have time to take a photo to update us that would be great.

Sadly the vet check showed that at some time someone has kicked him and broken his rib :) It is healed though and they say he is in good condition for his age

The RSPCA up there were fantastic I have to say - they even got him delivered to Yaps for me :laugh: