Road Trip To Tunundra Getting Closer.

Bilbo Baggins

Was interesting to see that your initial directions had you going through gawler and the barossa, when you can take the by-pass then come into Tanunda - (which is faster)

good to avoid the city.

Is it a new bypass???

Maybe whereis does not know about it yet. :eek::eek:

Bypass has been there for years and the Gomersal Rd to Tanunda from the Sturt Highway/Bypass must have been sealed for around 10 years now. Mind you, if you come in through Mt Pleasant you will approach from a different angle so won't need that road name :laugh:

What your Tom Tom may not cope with if you go from Tanunda onto the bypass is the new Northern Expressway. Ours gets most upset when we supposedly drive across paddocks :o I think hubby said now he has updated the maps it is ok but i haven't been along there since to find out.

I know the feeling our does North of Albury gets very upset. BBJ put a red car as the symbol and its toddling along in the paddock with the road to the side. :):provoke::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I live in Murray bridge and it is very easy and well sign posted to get to Tanunda going the back way (not through the city). If you know the towns that you need to go through to get to Tanunda you will not have any problems. It is also a very scenic drive.

Murray Bridge

Palmer

Tungkillo

Mount Pleasant

Williamstown

Lyndoch

Tanunda

Leanne

ps great winneries and mettwurst around the area :banghead:

I live in Murray bridge and it is very easy and well sign posted to get to Tanunda going the back way (not through the city). If you know the towns that you need to go through to get to Tanunda you will not have any problems. It is also a very scenic drive.

Murray Bridge

Palmer

Tungkillo

Mount Pleasant

Williamstown

Lyndoch

Tanunda

Leanne

ps great winneries and mettwurst around the area :laugh:

Don't I know it. :love::rofl::love: I think we might come back through Hahndorf. ;) :laugh::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

"Whiskedaway

Tanunda's a lovely place I'm sure you'll love it. And make sure you stop at the Williamstown bakery - that's my hometown, and they do the BEST steak pies and carrot cake."

Handy to know - we are moving there in January!!! :D :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...