Help - Whats A Moddle ?

Bisart Dobes

Wow, there are some serious "Breed" snobs on here (as well as some really nice helpfull people). I have a moodle, or would they have me say maltese terrier, poodle cross everytime someone asks me what my dog is?

It was bought from the family who bred it not from a pet shop or puppy farm. It is one of the smartest dogs I have owned, has never been sick in its life, does poos the size of a five cent piece and doesnt shed or malt.

Yup, it's a mutt and a bloody good one at that. Now I'm going to get it a friend, a pure bred by the way, lets hope the new girl will actually speak to the Moodle cos if it doesn't she wont share any of her local knwledge. :(

If by Breed snobs you mean people who hate to see wonderful dog breeds being bred and 'created' then sold for more money then necessary. Or do you mean people who are strongly opposed to backyard breeders who sell lies to unsuspecting people ''xxx is healthier then x because the breeding rules them out'' etc. So yes on a Purebred forum we do like to discuss purebred dogs ( and cross bred dogs are referred to as cross bred rather then a fancy name).

Although that said, I think a fair few of us growing up would have owned a cross breed dog. Heck the dog which inspired my love of German Shepherds was a GSD x Kelpie my parents rescued from a pound before I was born. So just because we own pure bred dogs and advocate purchasing purebred dogs from reputable breeders does not mean we have not loved a cross bred dog.

I think the main issue comes from people selling these cross breed dogs with a fancy name and false promises for higher prices then they are worth. My friend has a Labrador x Kelpie x Curly Coat Retriever..it was an oops litter and he paid $50 for the dog. The dog is a wonderful dog, well trained, and for the love she has brought him is invaluable. However...she is not one breed, and calling her a fancy name in order to sell her for a higher price would have been wrong in my opinion.

;) :(:)

x2 :thumbsup:

'breed snob' and proud :)

Happily plead guilty to being a "breed snob"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic