Help - Whats A Moddle ?

Bisart Dobes

I know my dogs are not pure breed dogs and I dont pretent they are its just easier to say and these day's people know exactly what I mean so I dont even have to correct myself.

You are perpetuating the incorrect belief that "spoodles" are a real breed. You should make the effort to explain to people they crossbreeds.

I was saying that they already know that they are cross breed's so there is no need to. I even had 1 lady at the park snap at me because when I did explain she told me of course she knew she wasnt stupid and stormed off!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moddle....skinny thin breed prone to temperament issues, such as pouting and sulking if not given undivided attention. Moddles are a difficult breed, they often have food "allergies". Often thought of as a high maintenance breed. Moddles were originally bred to prance up and down in front of other dogs often in silly clothes. Common health issues include broken legs from wearing high heels, and torn nails. Several have had to be put down because they attacked tehir owners by throwing phones. Not really suitable to place a Dobe and a Moddle. Moddles are a choking hazard to larger breeds because they are so bony, and are easily caught and eaten. Moddles can't run because they sprain their ankles on their high heels, which can be an issue if placed with a dog with a high prey drive.

Moddle....skinny thin breed prone to temperament issues, such as pouting and sulking if not given undivided attention. Moddles are a difficult breed, they often have food "allergies". Often thought of as a high maintenance breed. Moddles were originally bred to prance up and down in front of other dogs often in silly clothes. Common health issues include broken legs from wearing high heels, and torn nails. Several have had to be put down because they attacked tehir owners by throwing phones. Not really suitable to place a Dobe and a Moddle. Moddles are a choking hazard to larger breeds because they are so bony, and are easily caught and eaten. Moddles can't run because they sprain their ankles on their high heels, which can be an issue if placed with a dog with a high prey drive.

:( :( :laugh:

I know my dogs are not pure breed dogs and I dont pretent they are its just easier to say and these day's people know exactly what I mean so I dont even have to correct myself.

You are perpetuating the incorrect belief that "spoodles" are a real breed. You should make the effort to explain to people they crossbreeds.

x2

I don't bother calling my staffy/norfolk mix a "Staffolk," I just say "he's a staffy cross." :(

x3

I have a mixed breed, she's likely to be a staffy x kelpie but as I'm unsure of her exact parentage, she's a mixed breed or staffy cross.

I also have a greyhound. Self-explanatory. Or perhaps she's an "ex-greyhound" as someone recently asked...nope, she's still a greyhound, but she is an ex-racer. :(

My heart dog is a mini foxie x chihuahua. Perhaps I should call her a mini foxiehuahua? :laugh: You know, just so she doesn't feel totally, like you know, left out of the, like you know, whole designer dog like scene? :(

:(:):(:):laugh: ;) :):cry: ;) :cry:

Well I actually have 2 "Spoodles" but I only call them that because saying cocker spaniel x toy poodle is just too long!

Were Aussies! We give everything nicknames and thats all I see it as, I know my dogs are not pure breed dogs and I dont pretent they are its just easier to say and these day's people know exactly what I mean so I dont even have to correct myself. I dont think it matters what breed your dog is, it matters how you take care of them and the life you give them.

Try this it could work for you :( (for example what I say about my boy Toby)

Stranger:Hmm ugly/handsome/brown/ect dog what is it?

Me: He's Kelpieish

Stranger: Kelpieish?

Me: Well I have no idea but he kinda looks like a kelpie.

or if you have a cross breed for which you believe you know the parents

Stranger: Hmm whats that dog?

Respondant: It's a [insert the breed the dog looks more like phenotypically] cross.

Stranger: Ok.

OR

Stranger: Cross what?

I feel left out.... :(

I have always called my Dane x "a dane cross" when I could have had a fancy name for her........

I need a new name for her so I can join the "elite" idiots...... :(

She is a Dane crossed with an English pointer...... a "Pointed Dane" maybe......

I need some ideas........

It is so great that they seem to be going with a registered purebred dog from an ethical source this time around. They may be very well open to some education on the matter of oodle names and perpetuating the myth that they are in fact 'breeds'.

I had a little giggle at ex-greyhound!

x2

I don't bother calling my staffy/norfolk mix a "Staffolk," I just say "he's a staffy cross." :dummy:

x3.

I normally correct people anyway case in point the other day I met some one with a Labrador x Poodle and they called it by the 'fancy DD name' and I responded with ''Oh that's a Labrador x Poodle

Other wise I call the real Mutt's which are real bitzer's I call them ''Heinz 57 Mutt'' and say that they have a lot of breeds in them

Lady at a park has firmly (and sternly) tried to educate me that a maltese x poodle is a maltipoo.

She as a purebred Maltipoo :dummy:

I told her that her dog is a Poo and she hasn't spoken to me since.

Regardless what it is.. it's a mutt.

Thanks Vi! Definitely a laugh out loud moment for me :dunce::dunce:

If you google moddle it looks like they mean maltese x toy poodle. In other words almost certainly puppy farm white fluffy. :rofl:

Why can't people call these dogs/puppies, heinz 57, mongrels, mixed breeds or cross breeds like they used to ?

Why have people got so dumb ?

Because dumbing down is across the whole spectrum of society. And of course the byb or petshops tell the buyers that the dog IS a breed.

Remember the thread where someone was told that Staffies are the only dogs with the five "moles" on their faces :laugh:

Meh I dont realy care what anyone else calls my dogs I know what they are! When I told people they were a poodle cross they asked cross with what so I said cocker spaniel and they said oh so they are "spoodles" then? Me - Yeah thats about right!...I guess you'll all be horrified that when I call them both I call them "Spoodz" just another nickname!? I didnt think I was breaking any law's by following a nickname everyones know's? Huff no-one wants to have fun anymore :eek:

Meh I dont realy care what anyone else calls my dogs I know what they are! When I told people they were a poodle cross they asked cross with what so I said cocker spaniel and they said oh so they are "spoodles" then? Me - Yeah thats about right!...I guess you'll all be horrified that when I call them both I call them "Spoodz" just another nickname!? I didnt think I was breaking any law's by following a nickname everyones know's? Huff no-one wants to have fun anymore :eek:

Well one of the rules on this forum is that you call the dog by their name ie Poodle x Spaniel or Poodle cross

''This site was created for pure bred dog discussion

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here. If you own a cross breed dog, you are also welcome here, but we ask that you refer to it by it's proper name (eg a pug-x or cavalier-x instead of the designer term 'pugalier'). Please do not start threads asking what breeds people think make up your cross-bred dog or to express your outrage at the latest designer dog you saw. We prefer to concentrate our discussion on the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised). ''

Edited by Brennan's Mum

I feel left out.... :eek:

I have always called my Dane x "a dane cross" when I could have had a fancy name for her........

I need a new name for her so I can join the "elite" idiots...... :eek:

She is a Dane crossed with an English pointer...... a "Pointed Dane" maybe......

I need some ideas........

Pone? Pane? How about change the spelling and make it a Pain?

Oh no wait, that's my Husky. :eek:

Well one of the rules on this forum is that you call the dog by their name ie Poodle x Spaniel or Poodle cross

''This site was created for pure bred dog discussion

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here. If you own a cross breed dog, you are also welcome here, but we ask that you refer to it by it's proper name (eg a pug-x or cavalier-x instead of the designer term 'pugalier'). Please do not start threads asking what breeds people think make up your cross-bred dog or to express your outrage at the latest designer dog you saw. We prefer to concentrate our discussion on the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised). ''

So does that mean the original poster broke the forum rules too?

"Please do not start threads asking what breeds people think make up your cross-bred dog "

It was not her dog but she was still asking what breeds make this dog.

I tell people mine is a Greater Southern Snorehound. Most people giggle and say "No....really". But the few that believe me deserve what they get. :eek:

We did question the breeder too but once you fall in love with a puppy its hard to judge him on his owner! Other than his toilet training he is a great puppy with a beautiful personality! He is a cocker spaniel. Yes we can reduce the pen size so only his bed is in it but wondering if he will always then do it in his bed? I was thinking maybe he is confused as he sleeps on a diffrent bed every night at the moment? He has plenty of access outside during the day and we play with him outside when we get home from work. He knows how to use the doggy door as I've said so no acciedents inside only at night. I may have to set my alarm because he does not cry to be let out? But will that just teach him that he doesnt need to do anything to let me know?

Is this a different dog to your two Cocker x Poodles? :eek:

Edited by Ellie

We did question the breeder too but once you fall in love with a puppy its hard to judge him on his owner! Other than his toilet training he is a great puppy with a beautiful personality! He is a cocker spaniel. Yes we can reduce the pen size so only his bed is in it but wondering if he will always then do it in his bed? I was thinking maybe he is confused as he sleeps on a diffrent bed every night at the moment? He has plenty of access outside during the day and we play with him outside when we get home from work. He knows how to use the doggy door as I've said so no acciedents inside only at night. I may have to set my alarm because he does not cry to be let out? But will that just teach him that he doesnt need to do anything to let me know?

Is this a different dog to your two Cocker x Poodles? :eek:

Nope same dog just cut out the cross to eliminate situations like these! To me a dog is a dog I couldnt care less what it is or isnt crossed with but a lot of people do not share that same view. I dont comment on discussions on this forum very oftern because everyone is so negative and nasty and it reminds me of an all girls school playground at lunch time. The reason I posted in this thread is to just let people know it is a nickname for the cross breed and most people know that. When people do ask me if my dogs are pure breed I tell them of course not their mother is a cocker and father a poodle and somewhere along the line a owner got fed up saying all that and nicknamed them Spoodles! From now on I will say other half insted of OH and original poster insted of OP and in my honest opinion insted of IMHO - just may take me a little longer but all well will avoid all this I guess!