Pedigree Certificate

giraffez

From a breeder's standpoint, do you care if the new owners transfer ownership on the pedigree or not? I was very slack about doing this for Cody, then one day remembered and felt guilty! DogsNSW were very quick about sending out a new pedigree with my details but for the fees that they charge it should have been printed in gold. The breeder had already paid to register him, putting it into the computer would only take a minute, and the paper didn't cost much.

I'm interested to find out this also. I still cannot justify the need to have it transferred over to me if all it is is a name on a piece of paper. The dog is registered under me at the council and the microchip have both my details and the breeders. It seems to me its just easy revenue for DogsNSW.

I suggest you talk to your pup's breeder. He/she should be able to answer all your questions on this subject.

From a breeder's standpoint, do you care if the new owners transfer ownership on the pedigree or not? I was very slack about doing this for Cody, then one day remembered and felt guilty! DogsNSW were very quick about sending out a new pedigree with my details but for the fees that they charge it should have been printed in gold. The breeder had already paid to register him, putting it into the computer would only take a minute, and the paper didn't cost much.

I'm interested to find out this also. I still cannot justify the need to have it transferred over to me if all it is is a name on a piece of paper. The dog is registered under me at the council and the microchip have both my details and the breeders. It seems to me its just easy revenue for DogsNSW.

Would you buy a car and not want it transfered it into your name? Or if you sold a car you would want it out of your name.

I still cannot justify the need to have it transferred over to me if all it is is a name on a piece of paper. The dog is registered under me at the council and the microchip have both my details and the breeders. It seems to me its just easy revenue for DogsNSW.

Don't do it then.

I still cannot justify the need to have it transferred over to me if all it is is a name on a piece of paper. The dog is registered under me at the council and the microchip have both my details and the breeders. It seems to me its just easy revenue for DogsNSW.

Don't do it then.

Agree, it's your decision, if you don't want to, don't - if you do, do it :thumbsup:

ETA: the breeder has done their part by signing the paperwork over, what you now do with it is entirely up to you.

Edited by Aziah

What happens if the pedigree certificate was issued in another state???. Would you send it to the issuing Kennel Council or your own state council to do the transfer???. I was asked that question the other day, not sure of the correct answer???.

You can send it to the State body where you live. As for having to transfer the dog I know in Qld the rules state that it has to be transfered within 14 days of the dog changing owners and it is the responsibility of the person selling the dog to ensure it is done. You also don't need to be a member to have a dog transfered to you.

Thanks Dracdog, appreciated :eek: