Is This Wrong?

♥Bruno♥

I love seeing Rottweilers pulling a cart. :laugh:

You and me both, Sam, you and me both :) And, I have never met a Rottweiler who doesn't absolutely love pulling a cart as much as we love seeing them do it - bloody attention seekers that they are :)

I still remember being involved in a German festival as a young child (in Hahndorf, I think) - riding in a cart that was being pulled by our adult male, Ch Auslese Bacchus :)

Here is a page on our website, which includes a photo of Bacchus and his cart - http://www.allerzeit-rottweilers.com/beginning.html

i got nothing to say on the subject except that god i love the good looking rotti and there on that website and in your siggy --- absolutely gorgeous!!!

Ooh I'm not sure what would be next on the calendar, I will have a think about it.

I can PM you who the lady is, actually I don't know her name, but i know where she works and lives (not in a stalkerish way, it's just a small town :laugh: )

rofl sure thing :)

Ironic, I was only having this conversation with a good friend of mine about carting Rottis a few days ago. :mad

Carting is something I have wanted to do with my Rottis for ages and am currently looking into different styles and types of carts, so I can consider purchasing one or having one built for my dogs.

My big boy Jag would LOVE to pull a cart. He is very dexterous (not that a dog requires dexterity to pull a cart, but he just thrives on challenging games and puzzled) and enjoys "doing" anything that requires a bit of thought and strength and allows him to be the centre of attention :eek:

I really hope carting does become an ANKC recognised sport one day soon.

Does anyone have any info on where this stands currently.

Lo Pan, good explanation for those not understanding how carting affects the dog :)

In sporting carting, in the third level the dog pulls adults (adult drives) in the cart around an obstacle course. These adults are normal varying adult weights and the dog copes very well.