Prefix Suggestions

Gemelo

My first choice was Darktown, after Benson who is Hevnsent Darktown Strutter, but I liked Mainstreet equally so I definitely wasn't disappointed with not getting number 1.

I submitted 5 only.......the others were Ruffnex, Trisaak and Bloomin. Ruffnex is an overseas cat prefix and figures in the pedigree of my Maine Coon but I thought it made a great prefix for Aussies or any other rough coated breed. The other two were desperation choices so I'm glad we didn't get down to them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always liked Bordaline, had a fair idea at the time i wouldnt get it, it was my number 2 submission... so came up with Dunwurkn... pronounced Done Working... cause one day i hope to be done working:))) plus i though it suited the working breed... had no idea past these 2 names, so my 3rd and 4th choices, were WhyNot and JustNCase .. really glad i got my first choice, but would have been happy with any of them :heart:

I couldn't imagine you with anything but Benshiva!

Mine was my 10th pick - Dawnus - welsh meaning gifted, talented, capable etc

I've already given you lots of suggestions but I'll try and think of some more :(

My prefix was some thing like the 27th choice - they sent the first lot back and said try again

Same here.

Was soooo hard coming up with 10, let alone 30!!

I love what they let me have anyway - EbonyPark. I wanted something to reflect my first bitch (she was black), and also wanted something that could be used as a property name.

I looked up other languages for "black". I wanted Nera as my black part, but didn't get any with that.

With a property name I wanted it to be something that would suit any size - ie: if we moved back to suburbia something like rolling acres would be a bit weird. :heart:

I found it difficult to come up with anything when I was trying to incorporate breed traits, too many similar prefixes to work around.

Gayle: Love your prefix! I think it's a great fit. :D

4. Ildanach – gaelic, versatile/able/master of all. Variation of ildana

Good luck. It took me ages to come up with anything but once I started on the keyword and google translator idea I had a list within an hour.

The only problem with that approach is that Irish isn't that straightforward. The accented letters, prefixes and suffixes are very important in the language, affecting both meaning and pronunciation - so in your case it's Ildánach, making the pronunciation Ill-dawn-ock, with the emphasis on the aw of dawn as a long syllable. I have no idea if you can register accents (in Irish the accent above a letter is called a fada, and makes the vowel sound longer, so í is pronounced eee, á is prounced awww, é is prounced a, as in a for ape, so on.)

Yeah, Mine and OH's names are Kristy and Andrew so theres nothing really spectacular that you can make from them!

Try rearranging the letters to make something like WEST, then add something to the front - ANKR (the dogs are anchored to your heart)

Also there is STAND, KREW, TRI, WERK, KANDY, TREW, SIND etc etc Then combine it with something else.

TREWERKR (true worker!)

Adding Peach:

KRISPEACH

PEACHWERK

I really like Peach Park that someone mentioned earlier. :heart:

• 6 months later...

Time to update this thread! We ended up getting the prefix

GEMELO

Spanish word for twin, we call Peach a twinny because she is so alike to her half sister. Nice and short and has special meaning.

Thanks Lyndsay ;)

When I was looking for a prefix I wanted to use a latin name of some sort, best describing the dobes temperament. There were few that were already taken and there were few that I really liked but if they were pronounced the "English" way they sounded really silly, so I gave up on the idea all together.

Then came an idea of the word Elite. So I thought of few one being Elitedobe, but decided that if I ever breed another breed of a dog it will not be suited. So I made lots of variations of the word Elite, different spellings etc. And a friend of mine came up with the combination of my first name (Monika) and the word Elite and this is how MonElite came about.

Time to update this thread! We ended up getting the prefix

GEMELO

Spanish word for twin, we call Peach a twinny because she is so alike to her half sister. Nice and short and has special meaning.

Thanks Lyndsay ;)

Love it, that was a great idea, they really are so alike :thumbsup: