Patio Dog Doors

Sheridan

I'm thinking of getting a dog door for my sliding door, the ones that fit into the frame, so the kids can have access to the house over summer (which brings another set of worries but still ...). What's a good brand and where do I buy?

I would be interested, too. Found this design online: [email=http://www.patiolink.com.au/]http://www.patiolink.com.au/[/email]

Looks perfect to me. Anyone got any feedback?

G

I'm thinking of getting a dog door for my sliding door, the ones that fit into the frame, so the kids can have access to the house over summer (which brings another set of worries but still ...). What's a good brand and where do I buy?

There are quite a few threads on this somewhere.

I have a Pig in Mud door and it is awesome. So easy to put up and take down if you want to. All except one of my fosters have worked it out and the cats use it too.

The Pig in Mud doors are brilliant, I have had one for 5 years. They are actually Idealpet doors from the US, but since Kramar took over Pig in Mud, supply of the Idealpet door has diminished and replaced by a similar type but of inferior quality in the flap assembly I thought???.

Edited by abed

The Pet Patio door is still the same as it was - Kramar are the distributer now but the owner of Pig in Mud works for them (or did when we last spoke several months ago).

My parents in law have one we sent them for their cockers and absolutely love it.

Feel free to pm me if you want some more info.

Sags

:heart:

Sheridan I am a distributer for the Patio Link one on SA but can get it delivered to you. If you let me know what size and colour and suburb you are in I can get you a price. It will be a little cheaper than going through Patio Link but probably not heaps.

I just ordered a super large Pig in Mud door at Bunnings yesterday - $399. Pretty good price I thought, as PetBarn are selling the same things for $570. You have to place a special order and wait 7 - 10 days before you can pick it up from store, but well worth it at that price!

Sheridan I am a distributer for the Patio Link one on SA but can get it delivered to you. If you let me know what size and colour and suburb you are in I can get you a price. It will be a little cheaper than going through Patio Link but probably not heaps.

Bit confused about the sizing. Grumpy, being an old fella, trips a fair bit now when walking so a lower rise would be preferred but I don't think the medium is wide enough. It would be helpful if they gave recommended sizes for dog breeds on the site. I'm already going to have to build a ramp to it on both sides of the door due to the step outside because he trips over it.

Well, I just measured the width and Grumpy made it through the 26 cm opening though given he can be a bit wobbly on his feet when he's rushing, the 31 cm would be better (though that's very high).

Yes VERY expensive!!!

I have seen them at bunnings

I might pop over to my local Bunnings and ask about them. I'd like to actually see one before ordering.

Guest RANDCMOORE31

Not sure about the others - but the Pig In Mud doors can be modified so that the dog door part sits lower (at the bottom of the frame). I didn't know that originally and we built steps inside and out - as the hole was quite a way up the door.

I just ordered a super large Pig in Mud door at Bunnings yesterday - $399. Pretty good price I thought, as PetBarn are selling the same things for $570. You have to place a special order and wait 7 - 10 days before you can pick it up from store, but well worth it at that price!

We got our PIM door from Bunnings as well. Great price considering what they are selling for elsewhere and it also meant that we could get the larger flap without the worry of the larger price tag.

$399 for Bunnings at Rosebery in Sydney - they keep a stack on the shelf as well so no need to order :thumbsup: