Patio Dog Doors

Sheridan

Not sure about the others - but the Pig In Mud doors can be modified so that the dog door part sits lower (at the bottom of the frame). I didn't know that originally and we built steps inside and out - as the hole was quite a way up the door.

Funny you should say that! I've just been looking at an ad in a magazine for the Pig In Mud door. We want a dog door we can add to the sliding doors out onto the deck. In the picture, the opening is a fair way up & it's a medium size dog going thro' it. My first thought was that it's miles too high for a short-legged tibbie. So I'm pleased to hear that the opening can be modified to sit at the bottom of the frame.

That ad would put off many owners of smaller dogs.

We are looking at the pig in mud one as well - we would need an extra large

Does anyone know how heavy the flap is? My concern is that we want to give the dogs the extra access, but we have an inside only cat that would probably see it as her port for freedom (and then get stuck on top of the fence all day.... :thumbsup: )

We are looking at the pig in mud one as well - we would need an extra large

Does anyone know how heavy the flap is? My concern is that we want to give the dogs the extra access, but we have an inside only cat that would probably see it as her port for freedom (and then get stuck on top of the fence all day.... :thumbsup: )

I have the extra large door. The flap is pretty heavy with magnets that hold it in place but both my cats learnt to use it within a day. One of my cats is only tiny and it isn't hard for her.

post-21746-1294381535_thumb.jpg

post-21746-1294381542_thumb.jpg

post-21746-1294381551.jpg

post-21746-1294381559_thumb.jpg

sorry I can't help with sizes, but I have a pig in mud door and it is the best thing i bought for the dogs.

The flap is quite heavy, I have JRTs and they were pups when i got one of them. i simply replaced the flap with clear plastic (the current plastic has jellybeans on it) - buy it from spotlight it's just tablecloth clear plastic and it's light and cheap Very easy to take their flap out and replace it.

I am also able to close either door, sliding glass door or screen door. The piece of wood (that has been chewed on !!) is simply to make sure the doggy door is not blocked off as the frame only sits flush with the glass door in order to lock it.

I hope this helps a little

You can buy the right color door to match (I didn't know that and I got silver instead of brown)

Sheridan I am a distributer for the Patio Link one on SA but can get it delivered to you. If you let me know what size and colour and suburb you are in I can get you a price. It will be a little cheaper than going through Patio Link but probably not heaps.

Bit confused about the sizing. Grumpy, being an old fella, trips a fair bit now when walking so a lower rise would be preferred but I don't think the medium is wide enough. It would be helpful if they gave recommended sizes for dog breeds on the site. I'm already going to have to build a ramp to it on both sides of the door due to the step outside because he trips over it.

Hello casowner!

Im local to you, and quite keen to get a patio link dog door. Are you still able to help with distributing them? I have sent a PM. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

wow thats expensive ...i was interested too but i think the 300 plus price tag is a bit rich...

will have to wait i think and really see if the dogs need it

we have a laundry with a sliding door and thats where i thought the natural access would be...

what a shame

Talking of expensive ...

I rang Patio Link (after there was no response to my email; it seems only one person has email access, which for a business is just daft). I have to do some measurements and send a photo of the bottom of my door to ensure it will fit the Patio Link. I want a rise of 5 cm in the large so Grumpy doesn't have to lift his feet too much and this will cost an extra $150. They will replace the hard polycarbonate door for a soft plastic for nothing. In all it comes to $750, including the courier fees.