Is He American Staffy?

Duman

meh, i get told different stuff every day, some say there illegal, some say there restricted, some say you cant breed them but you can have them others reckon you need a 6 foot fence and its all good.... some say there fine? some say new laws some say old laws

In QLD the act says you have to apply to your council and they must be registered, you have to definately have it desexed, warning signs on the fences, minimum 1.8m high pen, childproof gate and muzzled in public. We have nothing against pitbulls, its just a real pain if you get caught wth one by a ranger especially in some shires.

what if hes registered with the council as an amstaff? can they still take your dogs away? 6 foot fence is sorted, warning sign easy fix, neutered (up to my gf to decide) and muzzle in public? no thanks they can shove that one

worse comes to worse and there is an issue with the council... then ill just relocate my dogs up to my 70 acre property. but i don't see that happening as pittys seem to be the new staffy. younger people seem to be turning to the pitty as the ideal dog to get. crazy i know hope they can handle owning a dog like that.

i think its bullshit your allowed to have dogs like 100 kilogram neo mastiffs that can kill a child by sittin on it! but u can't have a 30-35 kg Terrier.

what if hes registered with the council as an amstaff? can they still take your dogs away?

YES! Espeially If they want to be real asswipes about It! You have no Idea the number of dogs that have been killed just In QLD alone since BSL :thumbsup: A lot of them were just crossbreeds that unfortunately just happened to be unlucky enough and fit the pit Bull "type"

Unless he's got papers to prove he Is an Amstaff, In the eyes of the law he's a Pit without them

If you could try and chase up papers from the parents of your dog that would be great

Have a read through the BSL Forum, there Is lots of Info there about It all

And also have a read of this Tango Tango's Story QLD

After 6 long years In exile and owners fighting the courts this dog Is now home :confused:

the warning sign is a proper dangerous dog sign and dont go slapping one of those up otherwise you will be in trouble. Unfortunately with no pedigree papers it would be up to your GF to prove her dog is not an APBT, and that your own dog is not one either. Your local council website will have have information as to how far past the basic laws they take it but QLD does, as far as I know, consider APBT and APBT crosses restricted. If your dog fits the bill of being a 'pit bull type' and a ranger wants to make a point of it be prepared for trouble. Best thing is to keep your doggies quiet in the yard and dont take them to places where rangers can be out for the day.

I know it sucks. There is the EDBA formed to help people in these predicaments and overturn the law. Your dogs look so lovely and well behaved espcially for bull breeds which can be a little more difficult then the average dog :thumbsup:

Edited by Nekhbet