Sashas Blend/pernaease/cosequin Etc

carolk

Hello there,

Have done a bit of reading of quite a few older posts regarding the above stuff. I am considering using sashas blend or pernaease on my 13yo stafford.

Have also noticed a lot of things written about Cosequin and am interested to get anyones feedback on this product.

Also if anyone just uses human grade glucosamine and chondroitin? If so, what sort of dosage?

thanks in advance

Cheers

Carol. :D

I started buying the Dog beef flavored tablets for my dog then switched her to human grade as we take it. She started off on one crushed 1500 Glucos/Chondroitin tablet mixed in milk for the first 6 months and now has a half tab each night. She has just finished her second course of Cartrophen injections and will have a monthly injection from now on. My dog has started to sway in the back legs. I have noticed an improvement after the second round of injections. My dog is a 33 kgs gsd and 13 yo. I goggled and found out dose rates.

My 25 kg kelpie gets 500mg of Glucosamine, 200mg Fish Oil and 200mg Vitamin E every two to three days (she was getting it daily but she is much much better now, and she hates getting tablets.)

Paige was at the stage I was considering having her PTS as she was struggling a lot. She had been through many courses of previcox, cartrophen inj etc, nothing was working.

Hello there,

Have done a bit of reading of quite a few older posts regarding the above stuff. I am considering using sashas blend or pernaease on my 13yo stafford.

Have also noticed a lot of things written about Cosequin and am interested to get anyones feedback on this product.

Also if anyone just uses human grade glucosamine and chondroitin? If so, what sort of dosage?

thanks in advance

Cheers

Carol. :heart:

I use Joint Guard in both powdered and the treat formulas and have found it to be very helpful.

My 25 kg kelpie gets 500mg of Glucosamine, 200mg Fish Oil and 200mg Vitamin E every two to three days (she was getting it daily but she is much much better now, and she hates getting tablets.)

Paige was at the stage I was considering having her PTS as she was struggling a lot. She had been through many courses of previcox, cartrophen inj etc, nothing was working.

Thanks guys for giving dogs weights and dosages. Helps a lot. Keira is about 14kg, so will help to work out how much to give.

Cheers

Carol