Lang Lang Show Vic Cancelled Due To Flooding

InspectorRex

I have just been advised that due to the entire grounds being under water the Lang Lang Ag Society Vic has cancelled the Entire Show for Saturday 15/1/2011( that means ALL Events).

This has been confirmed by DogsVic and they have now put it on the DogsVic website.

I got flooded last night here and had a bit of a scare on the roads earlier when a huge Pine Tree came down in front of me. Nearly had to change my underwear. Now just waiting for the tradies to come and get some drainage happening. The Collies almost needed "floaties" to go to the toilet this morning.

Any idea why this wasn't re-located to KCC Park?

CC

The car park at KCC Park & Wedge Road entrance are under water also - if it is like that tomorrow it would cause huge problems.

BTW - The entire Lang Lang Agricultural show has been cancelled - not just the dog section.

Edited by Mathilda's Mum

I have just been advised that due to the entire grounds being under water the Lang Lang Ag Society Vic has cancelled the Entire Show for Saturday 15/1/2011( that means ALL Events).

This has been confirmed by DogsVic and they have now put it on the DogsVic website.

I got flooded last night here and had a bit of a scare on the roads earlier when a huge Pine Tree came down in front of me. Nearly had to change my underwear. Now just waiting for the tradies to come and get some drainage happening. The Collies almost needed "floaties" to go to the toilet this morning.

A little exageration Colleen! The entire showground is NOT underwater, just the horse area. The rest of the grounds are just very wet!

Please tell it like it is Colleen we can do without the hysterics

Lang Lang Showgrounds Dog area this afternoon, doesn't look underwater to me

post-10401-1294989958_thumb.jpg

Certainly doesn't look underwater to me either!!!!! :o

Look and behold the sun is out as well! Tomorrow was supposed to be early drizzle to a sunny afternoon! and it's cancelled..........

I saw some photos that Biju has done at one show where the ground looked shocking and it was pouring but it certainly didn't stop the show, what makes Lang Lang any different?

It was the one show I was looking forward to :rofl:

I'd say dog events held on grounds owned or leased by Dogs Victoria are an entirely different proposition to those held on other grounds that have been leased or borrowed for the day.

Who's to say the entrances and the tracks around that ground aren't very, very wet and muddy? And a photo of a patch of grass doesn't show the condition of the ground beneath........a very wet ground without good drainage can take a very long time to recover from a large event such as an ag show.

I'd say dog events held on grounds owned or leased by Dogs Victoria are an entirely different proposition to those held on other grounds that have been leased or borrowed for the day.

Who's to say the entrances and the tracks around that ground aren't very, very wet and muddy? And a photo of a patch of grass doesn't show the condition of the ground beneath........a very wet ground without good drainage can take a very long time to recover from a large event such as an ag show.

I am not disputing the show being cancelled - the horse area is far too wet for the horse events to be held......what I do have a problem with is people who continually exaggerate conditions.

btw - the ground underfoot in the dog area is quite solid and stable.

Calm down folks please.

I was only posting what the lady at DogsVic told me when I telephoned to confirm the "whisper" that I had been told about Lang Lang being cancelled due to flooding.She old me "the whole area is flooded and ALL events have been cancelled".

Well said GayleK :rofl: . My "informant" who advised me that the Show had been cancelled due to flooding lives near the grounds too.

I too was looking forward to Lang Lang as I love the Ag Shows and often I catch up with my cousins who have horses entered.

But hey s..t happens.

There is always another show to go and look on the positive. Our entry fees will assist the club financially and we don't have to get up at sparrow fart to be there to get a good parking spot or near the ring :o

Certainly doesn't look underwater to me either!!!!! :o

Look and behold the sun is out as well! Tomorrow was supposed to be early drizzle to a sunny afternoon! and it's cancelled..........

I saw some photos that Biju has done at one show where the ground looked shocking and it was pouring but it certainly didn't stop the show, what makes Lang Lang any different?

It was the one show I was looking forward to :D

Certainly doesn't look underwater to me either and certainly alot better than Benalla that will be going ahead all weekend ................................

I was looking forward to this show too, my first ever bob was here last year.

Oh well $60 down the drain, no pun intended, don't know if I will bother next year :rofl:

Edited by SnoPaws

Can't you get a refund? I doubt they'd expect to keep your money if they've cancelled the show.

The grounds might very well be used for other purposes such as regular sports (cricket, football, soccer etc) and an ag show held there while it's so wet could destroy the grounds for at least a year, which means the regular occupants can no longer use the grounds. That's not fair on the local community.

Why would you not enter next year? It could easily be warm and dry for next years show.

I am under the impression if a show is cancelled for any reason then your entry fees are not returned, I am not sure because I have never actually entered a show that has been cancelled due to rain (or any other reason). In most cases my cheque for my entries is usually cashed a week or so before the show :)

I have probably shown at least a dozen times at agi/country shows in the last twelve months in conditions worse than what Lang Lang *appears* to be in, if I had a choice between showing in conditions that are a little wet under foot and temperatures of 30 degress plus I would choose the wet. We haven't had any rain since lunchtime, the sun has been shining and the forecast for tomorrow is for 28 with light drizzle in the morning :):eek:

Just my opinion :cry:

Guest CaptainCourageous

No refunds.

The cancellation is supposed to be based on tomorrow's weather.

The pics on Facebook seemed to depict an excellent ground.

CC

No refunds.

CC

Tomorrows weather - Drizzle clearing. The only weather policy is for heat not 18-24 deg and drizzle clearing.

Benalla had a heap of rain and no cancellation. I think its a bit soft cancelling dog show.. :)

I am under the impression if a show is cancelled for any reason then your entry fees are not returned, I am not sure because I have never actually entered a show that has been cancelled due to rain (or any other reason). In most cases my cheque for my entries is usually cashed a week or so before the show :)

I have probably shown at least a dozen times at agi/country shows in the last twelve months in conditions worse than what Lang Lang *appears* to be in, if I had a choice between showing in conditions that are a little wet under foot and temperatures of 30 degress plus I would choose the wet. We haven't had any rain since lunchtime, the sun has been shining and the forecast for tomorrow is for 28 with light drizzle in the morning :):eek:

Just my opinion :cry:

Totally Agree....

No refunds.

CC

Tomorrows weather - Drizzle clearing. The only weather policy is for heat not 18-24 deg and drizzle clearing.

Benalla had a heap of rain and no cancellation. I think its a bit soft cancelling dog show.. :shrug:

The decision was made by the Agricultural society to cancel the Agricultural show - which means the dog show was cancelled along with it.

Very easy for people on here to criticise the decision based on some photos of the area the dogs would have been placed on. What about the rest of the grounds and more importantly the car park ???

It seems that show committees are damned if they do & damned if they don't.

They are welcome to my entry fee to help cover their costs.

I am so glad that I just enjoy spending time with my dogs....whether there is a show or not I can still enjoy my furkids.

Its not all about the ribbons and points. For those who are LOST without the show going ahead, call the friends you sit with and arrange to meet at a park for a picnic with the furkids.

Remember from a couple of weeks out from a show most of your entry fee has been spent to prepare and run the show......

It was the one show I was looking forward to :rofl:

maybe cause the surrounding area's were flooded or unde rthreat of being flooded and people had more important things to do such as save houses etc

Geez Louise, these decisions aren't made lightly, get a grip, it's only a dog show

Exactly EF :rofl:

To be privildged to have my furkids with me and just go for walks with them, laze around having the odd "nanna nap" with them is satisfying within itself.

it is mighty hot at there at the moment. the thermometer on my front porch is 32 degrees so we( me and the furkids) are just relaxing inside with the air con on.