Advertising Brochures/business Cards

witheverythingiam

Hi all,

OK, this is probably a REALLY weird topic, but I'm a pedigree cat breeder, and looking to get my brochures for advertising my cattery further afield than it currently is. I'm situated in Hamilton in SW-Vic, so would prefer to swap with others in Victoria/South Australia, but also those in capital cities in other states as well, or those with airports AAE service. :rofl:

Would anyone here be interested in swapping brochures or business cards & displaying them in their local Vet Surgeries? We could either print them out & post to each other, or just send as a computer doc, and print each others out. I'm not asking for a lot - just 10-20 perhaps?

Reply or PM me if interested?

THANKS!!!

http://www.bymysidebrits.webs.com

Edited by witheverythingiam

I would not be displaying or advertising for someone else unless you know there morals an ethics - and agree with them.

At the same time why do you feel the need to flog you cattery everywhere, does your reputation not speak for its' self?

WOW - Could you be any more bitchy SwaY? Sheesh!

Just because you live near a big city, with lots of potential customers, doesn't mean everyone else does. I live in "the bush". Because I live an 8hr round trip from the closest shows, and have a child, I don't get to go to shows frequently, and get advertising material "out there".

Not that I HAVE to answer your questions, but I sell to other breeders, plenty of pet owners, and even my Vets have bought one.

Do you have any suggestions on where else I could advertise?

Do you have a webpage? Most people tend to start their search on the internet these days. Having a page is a start as are linked listings to sites that have breeder listings (such as this one for dogs).

Just a tip too - free websites will not get listed highly (or at all) in most search engine searches. They are pretty worthless if one of your aims is to attract people interested in the breed or your puppies/kittens/whatever animal, service or product you have.

Edited by espinay2

WOW - Could you be any more bitchy SwaY? Sheesh!

Just because you live near a big city, with lots of potential customers, doesn't mean everyone else does. I live in "the bush". Because I live an 8hr round trip from the closest shows, and have a child, I don't get to go to shows frequently, and get advertising material "out there".

Not that I HAVE to answer your questions, but I sell to other breeders, plenty of pet owners, and even my Vets have bought one.

Do you have any suggestions on where else I could advertise?

Oh honey that ain't bitchy, I can turn it up a notch if you like. :rofl:

In this day and age of the internet no-one is too far for advertising, word of mouth is always the best form of advertising.

Is it normal for cat breeders to use the same stud over four queens within 4 months? :rofl:

I don't know a dog person who would do that, but I don't know anything about cats.

Do you have a webpage? Most people tend to start their search on the internet these days. Having a page is a start as are linked listings to sites that have breeder listings (such as this one for dogs).

Yep - updating the website as we speak.

I think I need to get it higher in the listings when people google. It's so hit & miss though when it comes to web advertising. I pay my cat council each year, and even when I was top of the page for my breed, I had hardly any responses. Maybe 5 for the whole year.

I had more at Cat-World, which is similar to DOL. I think people are put-off though that I am not in Melbourne.

Is it normal for cat breeders to use the same stud over four queens within 4 months? :rofl:

I don't know a dog person who would do that, but I don't know anything about cats.

Yes - quite normal.

Cat breeders don't allow outside matings like dog breeders do. It can spread FeLV & FIV. British Shorthairs also do not breed during the cooler months of the year. And if you leave cats too long to be mated, they will get pyometra.

As I've already stated, I'm updating the website right now. But thanks for your "input". :rofl:

Is it normal for cat breeders to use the same stud over four queens within 4 months? :confused:

Yes - quite normal.

Cat breeders don't allow outside matings like dog breeders do. It can spread FeLV & FIV. British Shorthairs also do not breed during the cooler months of the year. And if you leave cats too long to be mated, they will get pyometra.

As I've already stated, I'm updating the website right now. But thanks for your "input". :laugh:

I thought you could blood test for FELV/FIV before breeding? I'm a vet nurse and often we have cats brought in to be tested before going off to stud. The vet writes them a certificate to present to the male cat owner :confused: