Appeal For Goods For Victorian Flood Victims

perrin

If anyone in central Victoria would like to donate blankets, pillows, sheets, towels, mozzie spray, non perishable food, bottled water, pet food, every day items like tooth brushes and tooth paste, cleaning products for when the flood water subsides there are several drop off points around Bendigo or you can drop off your goods to the Bendigo Media Centre on top of the hill at Lily Street. Just up from the hospital.

We were at the Centre earlier this morning to drop off some blankets and other items and the generosity was amazing. People who were effected by fires giving back to those flooded. People dropping off furniture for after the waters subside. Pallets of bottled water for those without clean drinking water.

Perrin that is great and for all of us further out who sometimes feel a bit useless it is really overwhelming and heart warming to see so many people come to the aid of those in need. In this world of what seems to be becoming 'dog eat dog' (pardon the pun - it is not intended) it certainly restores faith in human kind and clearly shows that humans are capable of so, so much in terms of generosity of physical and financial help and of course, in spirit.

As you are closer to the affects of the floods than I am and therefore would understand the needs more first hand than I can, you should also know (perhaps you already do?) that MDBA Pacers are sorting supply assistance to the flood victims in both Queensland and Victoria. Crates; blankets; leads; dog bowls; dog food; and other such items including cases of personal items and food. So if you know people who need this support it would do well to contact MDBA Pacers. They're organising another delivery early next week for those in Victoria and also for those in Queensland.

Well done to all those who have been able to reach out to those who suffer the immediate affects of the floods around the Country. Keep safe and keep strong.

Donations of pet supplies from Pacers would certainly be a big help and i'm sure would let many pet owners rest more easily. I don't know anyone directly with pets who need help all the ones i know will be okay but i will contact Pacers to see if i can help in some way. :hug: Some of the donated goods had already been packed to go but i did see some slabs of dog food.

I think in some ways being closer to the floods is better because we can donate goods that we know they need whereas for QLD we can do nothing really but give money donations. Here i know they need blankets. Some people have only their clothes and are having to use clothing to cover them at night time and the mozzies are terrible. And they need clean water for drinking.

I do worry about the farmers. I think for some of them this will be the final nail in the coffin for them to quit farming which would be terrible as we need our farmers.

I do worry about the farmers. I think for some of them this will be the final nail in the coffin for them to quit farming which would be terrible as we need our farmers.

Yes - my heart goes out to farmers often. Droughts, Locust Plagues, Floods. One thing, then another. I am really trying to support them by purchasing Aussie goods rather than imports. I am also trying to avoid the big supermarkets for vegies/fruit and instead visiting the local grocer. I have also lodged a "Feedback Form" at our local major supermarket (not the for the first time) telling them I want to see more Aussie product and that I don't want to have to search for it as though it were a needle in a hay stack. If more of us could do that.

Anyway, this goes to OT and I don't mean to. I hope the people of QLD and Victoria who are affected know how much our thoughts are with them and how much in our hearts we encourage them to find the strength to move forward and onwards.

That's okay Erny you saved me having to bump it to the top for awhile. :hug:

Anyone can donate all week long to the Bendigo Media Centre which is the central point.

Also the Blood Bank would really like donations of plasma. :)

Bundy's Mum they are asking for you to donate any money to The Red Cross Victorian flood appeal.

You can go here

https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp

and specify where you want your money to go.

At the moment they are just concentrating on getting as many supplies out to those in need.

ETA And the Salvatian Army but you will need to tell them if you want the money to go to a specific area.

Edited by perrin

Bumping for anyone interested in donating some unwanted items of clothing, bedding, food etc etc.

They are still collecting goods. The central drop off point is the Bendigo Media Centre at the top of the hill Lily Street. Look for the two big radio towers.

Help required for 50 dogs in the kerang region and would need to be collected from Tongala

We've just had a call for request for support for foster care for 50 dogs. The dogs were on a property this side of Kerang that has been flooded. It is feared 21 horses have been lost however 50 dogs hve been evacuated & are now needing foster care until the owner re establishes. The dogs range from beagles to st bernards. We are going to start a Register for those that can offer assistance and go from there. If you have a SECURE environment to offer fostercare for an undetermined period of time, please EMAIL US with your details [email protected] Pls note the dogs are not vaccinated but will be.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/no...172772826099713

Edited by perrin

I believe 50 dogs now have a solution sorted so the foster carers aren't needed for this particular case (although I'm sure they're needed elsewhere). The request has now been removed from the facebook site.

Edited by megan_

Donations of pet supplies from Pacers would certainly be a big help and i'm sure would let many pet owners rest more easily. I don't know anyone directly with pets who need help all the ones i know will be okay but i will contact Pacers to see if i can help in some way. :) Some of the donated goods had already been packed to go but i did see some slabs of dog food.

I think in some ways being closer to the floods is better because we can donate goods that we know they need whereas for QLD we can do nothing really but give money donations. Here i know they need blankets. Some people have only their clothes and are having to use clothing to cover them at night time and the mozzies are terrible. And they need clean water for drinking.

We will have a truck in there at the end of next week- I hope. Ive got people packing first aid kits and snake bite kits as well as emergency packs with razors,toothbrushes etc and of course a couple of pallets of Eukanuba for dogs and cats will come in too plus crates, collars, leads, bedding etc. We are sending all of the human food hampers to Queensland but may have more by the end of the week to go in with the other things.

Im pretty sure The red cross dont help companies or businesses and most Farmers are registered as businesses.

What about those of us who are too far away to physically donate stuff S??

Experience tells us that these guys are going to need a hell of a lot of help and many things which wont be donated, fencing, penning etc for a very long time.

We still get calls for help from people who were in the Victorian bushfires so cash donations give the ability to provide whats needed but it also allows us to use the local businesses to provide them with work etc too.

People are really emotionally affected by watching this stuff - obviously not as much as the peopel stuck in the middle of it but peopel everywhere feel theywant to do something anything to help. Sometimes they cant afford to donate cash etc but there are many many things you can do to raise funds and make people feel they are contributing. Someone donating something in your area for a raffle, coffee mornings with a dollar donation, anything really big or small not only helps the peopel affected it also make people feel they are involved and doing something anything to try to help out.

We even had one young girl who got sponsors for hooling a hoop - $1 for each second she hooled! :) .

Pacers can issue approvals to fundraise and tool kit- all avilable from our website and even cover you with insurance, public liability insurance and volunteers insurance free of charge if you want to give it a go. www.mdbapacers.org.au

My phone number is 0269276706.

Julie