Bermie - Nsw - Bega Valley K&oc

SkySoaringMagpie

Wondering if anyone can help... at the Bermagui grounds, does everyone leave gazebos up for the duration of the weekend? ... and if so do they remove the canopy and awnings and just leave the frame or leave it all up and lower it? I certainly would not leave anything inside/under it.

also, is anyone going to set up on Thursday night?

I have not done this show before and just wanted to check what it the best way to go please. :laugh:

I would recommend that you do not leave anything up at the showgrounds, as it is on the main road, near the pub.

Many a year the gazebos that were left up have been destroyed by the locals.

As for setting up the day before, cant help you with that one, as since the show starts at 5pm on Friday I will be travelling down Friday :laugh: ;)

Not sure the rings will be set up the day before so I wouldn't count on setting up on Thursday. As cvs mentions, this year Friday is a 5pm start. There is usually a good amount of room too so should be no need to set up Thursday.

We have left stuff up overnight before, but the weather has usually been bad which offers some protection from idle hands. Not sure I would if it was a clear warm evening, and would definitely not leave the canopy on if I did.

Much appreciated guys.

Sorry... one other question, if you were showing on Sat morning and finished up early (ie bombed :laugh: ) and trialling on Sat night, would you leave everything or some of it there during the day on Sat if you decided to go back to your accomm for a few hrs?

Thanks ;)

Much appreciated guys.

Sorry... one other question, if you were showing on Sat morning and finished up early (ie bombed :laugh: ) and trialling on Sat night, would you leave everything or some of it there during the day on Sat if you decided to go back to your accomm for a few hrs?

Thanks ;)

I would as most likely there will be still some people on grounds ;)

The first year I went, was a lovely night and was warned by people to not leave the frame of the canopy up overnight and sure enough the next morning about 50% of the frames left up had been broken by the 'locals' so up to you if you want to take to risk ;)

Much appreciated guys.

If it was me, I would leave your canopy because the obedience people setting up usually overlaps with the end of the show. As for any other gear, that depends on whether you trust your fellow showies and obedience people. I "lost" two water buckets and a Mason Pearson at Bermie a few years ago - left them on the roof of the car and got distracted, 10 minutes later they were gone.

Once again, thank you for your advice, much appreciated.

We will not leave anything up at all over night, but will probably leave the gazebo up during Saturday if we go back to accomm for an hr or so.

:laugh:

Hope everyone has a great time and the rain is not as bad as last year.

Is anyone planning on travelling to Bermie along Princes Hwy from Melbourne area tomorrow or Friday morning?

If so, are you following the road block updates on Princes Hwy?

We are trying to find any information we can get our hands on regarding the fires and road blocks and as far as we can tell the road is pretty much closed travelling east until further notice.

We are looking at other alternate routes in case it is not open by around lunchtime tomorrow, as that is approx when we predict we will be going through.

Options are Hume Highway and via Tallangatta or along the Princes Hwy as far as Bairnsdale and then going bush for a ways. A longer route, but at least that way we may still get through and do not have to go via Melbourne as such.

Does anyone have any information or other suggestions please?

I wish you all have nice weather unlike last year.

BB

I entered last year and scratched because of the weather. At least this year it's just showers forecast, not a deluge.

Better pack the glad wrap for the girls Diva.. supermodels don't do 'wet'. :rainbowbridge:

Better pack the glad wrap for the girls Diva.. supermodels don't do 'wet'. :rainbowbridge:

When I got home tonight they were doing 'mud' very well! It's been pouring here this evening.

(But I'll pack the gaiters, LOL.)

Edited by Diva

When I got home tonight they were doing 'mud' very well! It's been pouring here this evening.

(But I'll pack the gaiters, LOL.)

Mud is good for one's complexion Darlink. :cry:

Has anybody got any results to share??????

BIS Fri Min Long Dachie (stevens)

RU GSP (Brown)

Toy Pug ??

Terrier Kerry

Gundog RUIS

Hound BIS

Working Border Collie

Utility Dobermann

Non Sport Dalmatian

Sat

BIS Amer. Cocker

Ru GSP