Both shows were Goulburn Dog Show 30/10 AND 31/10

NSJ: Mrs K Eldred (NSW)

BIG: Non Re-Registered Import

RU: (removed)

NSJ: Dr K Sunn (NSW)

How does that happen ??

Up here a member bought a dog from O'seas and didn't register it again with ANKC in the correct way. They had all their awards taken from then and had to rectify the problem before showing again. This meant removal of all challenge points and the dogs title.

I was reading the Feb NSW gazette and came across this :thumbsup:

Both shows were Goulburn Dog Show 30/10 AND 31/10

NSJ: Mrs K Eldred (NSW)

NSJ: Dr K Sunn (NSW)

How does that happen ??

If you look at BIS & RUBIS for 30/10 you will notice there is no RUBIS listed either. The dog in question also got RUBIS. This dog is from New Zealand and will be here for a short time. The dog arrived in Australia a few days before the show. The new owner had sent in papers to transfer the dog into her name and I know that as of half way through December she still hadn't received the paperwork back from Dogs NSW. I don't know which name she entered the dog under, her name or the actual owners name. This may be where the problem lies. Looks like Dogs NSW may be splitting hairs :D

Guest CaptainCourageous
If you look at BIS & RUBIS for 30/10 you will notice there is no RUBIS listed either. The dog in question also got RUBIS. This dog is from New Zealand and will be here for a short time. The dog arrived in Australia a few days before the show. The new owner had sent in papers to transfer the dog into her name and I know that as of half way through December she still hadn't received the paperwork back from Dogs NSW. I don't know which name she entered the dog under, her name or the actual owners name. This may be where the problem lies. Looks like Dogs NSW may be splitting hairs :thumbsup:

You do need to hold the pedigree and have the pedigree in your name before you exhibit. Look at how many results have been made illegitimate by the ineligible dog.

Shame the new owner didn't attend the RNSWCC office and pay for the speed service (if they have that).

If you look at BIS & RUBIS for 30/10 you will notice there is no RUBIS listed either. The dog in question also got RUBIS. This dog is from New Zealand and will be here for a short time. The dog arrived in Australia a few days before the show. The new owner had sent in papers to transfer the dog into her name and I know that as of half way through December she still hadn't received the paperwork back from Dogs NSW. I don't know which name she entered the dog under, her name or the actual owners name. This may be where the problem lies. Looks like Dogs NSW may be splitting hairs :thumbsup:

You do need to hold the pedigree and have the pedigree in your name before you exhibit. Look at how many results have been made illegitimate by the ineligible dog.

Shame the new owner didn't attend the RNSWCC office and pay for the speed service (if they have that).

Unfortunately she lives too far away for that to be a viable option... However, I believe she should have registered the dog with Dogs ACT, as she did with her last litter, due to problems that she seems to encounter with Dogs NSW

Guest CaptainCourageous

It's a shame this has happened, and I hope that if the owner can't sort it out then she'll at least work out how to make sure it can't happen again.

CC

What a shame for those competing against the one who won....had the dog been ineligible, and thus not in competition, another would have been thrilled with a BIS or RUBIS. It's easy to say, 'pull awards/points etc' but at that level, six other dogs that were group winners, were cheated out of a chance to win, because a dog was entered against the rules.

When I imported, I read up on what I had to do and how, so that when I entered their first shows, I knew that I would not lose any points or wins because I didn't do things correctly.

You can apply to have dispensation to enter (and/or exhibit) a dog in a show, pending reregistration.

I had to do that for some Royals on dogs that I have brought in. Allowed me to enter shows before the dog arrived in the country and had it's paperwork processed.

I have been seeing "non re-registered import' in NSW show results in many journals over the last year.

I dont understand how a dog can be entered into a show without current ANKC registration? I guess nothing as sophisticated as a centralised database for dog registrations has been set up for show secretaries to use yet.

Not very good service! (unless there was something wrong with the paperwork). When I re-registered by NZ import, I had the paperwork back from Dogs ACT in under two weeks.

BTW I would have had no idea that I had to re-register my dog with ANKC as I had his NZ pedigree in my name. So I guess others are making the same mistake too

If you look at BIS & RUBIS for 30/10 you will notice there is no RUBIS listed either. The dog in question also got RUBIS. This dog is from New Zealand and will be here for a short time. The dog arrived in Australia a few days before the show. The new owner had sent in papers to transfer the dog into her name and I know that as of half way through December she still hadn't received the paperwork back from Dogs NSW. I don't know which name she entered the dog under, her name or the actual owners name. This may be where the problem lies. Looks like Dogs NSW may be splitting hairs :D

Unfortunately she lives too far away for that to be a viable option... However, I believe she should have registered the dog with Dogs ACT, as she did with her last litter, due to problems that she seems to encounter with Dogs NSW

actually this is not correct ... I have it in writing from VicDogs that with imports, once the paperwork is "lodged" with the office the exhibit can be entered in your name.

It took 3 attempts and months for DogsNSW to get my dogs registration certificate right despite the fact that the import pedigree was correct and they even lost it once. I have just applied some titles and got his rego certificate back and they have the titles wrong. If my dog had only been here staying here for a few months he would have been back in NZ before everyting was sorted out.

actually this is not correct ... I have it in writing from VicDogs that with imports, once the paperwork is "lodged" with the office the exhibit can be entered in your name.

That's not the case for CCCQ (Dogs QLD)

Guest CaptainCourageous

Is that local rules or ANKC?

Is that local rules or ANKC?

I only know about VicDogs as that is who I have it direct from in writing.

Probably not ANKC .... typical of States not being aligned.

Edited by Dellcara

If you look at BIS & RUBIS for 30/10 you will notice there is no RUBIS listed either. The dog in question also got RUBIS. This dog is from New Zealand and will be here for a short time. The dog arrived in Australia a few days before the show. The new owner had sent in papers to transfer the dog into her name and I know that as of half way through December she still hadn't received the paperwork back from Dogs NSW. I don't know which name she entered the dog under, her name or the actual owners name. This may be where the problem lies. Looks like Dogs NSW may be splitting hairs :(

The rule in NSW is that an imported dog may be entered in 3 shows under the original owners name and any further shows must be entered under the new owners name. It would seem to me that Dogs NSW give enough time to send the paperwork in and to be received and that it is then OK to enter the dog in future shows, assuming (I really hate that word) that the pending registration will be returned in a timely manner...

The rule in NSW is that an imported dog may be entered in 3 shows under the original owners name and any further shows must be entered under the new owners name. It would seem to me that Dogs NSW give enough time to send the paperwork in and to be received and that it is then OK to enter the dog in future shows, assuming (I really hate that word) that the pending registration will be returned in a timely manner...

once again a typical example of ANKC rules being overriden at State level.

ANKC rules state 3 months.