Advice On How To Care For Clipper Blades

meluchja

Would sewing machine oil be OK on the blades?

Not according to Ian Parsons. Before he had hid own brand of oil, he said that the wahl oil was the best. If you visit Ian's website you will see that he's a Certified Grand Master Sharpener. It is his life and his passion, he cares about blades & scissors as much as we care about our dogs.

If you ring Singer in Sydney, they sell their oil in 5lt containers to companies, and some people top small plastic bottles up, and tripple the price.

Machine oil is the best you can use, it is used in sewing machines that have very close tolerances.

Since I use sewing machine oil in my $7 500 Bernina sewing machine I hope so LOL.

I have actually used several different places over the years for shapening my blades and have been very happy with all of them

Clipperworld

Ian P

A place in Taree (who do my Moser Arco SE blades that others said can't be done)

Coastal Sharpening at Elanora

Colin

Edited by frufru

Since I use sewing machine oil in my $7 500 Bernina sewing machine I hope so LOL.

I have actually used several different places over the years for shapening my blades and have been very happy with all of them

Clipperworld

Ian P

A place in Taree (who do my Moser Arco SE blades that others said can't be done)

Coastal Sharpening at Elanora

Colin

The Moser Arco SE blades can be sharpened on a flat-bed machine,but the more often they are sharpened, the more chance/thinner the bottom plate/teeth will break off on you.

post-8666-1296813259_thumb.jpg

I am not hard on my blades and my favourite Wahl 10 blade has been sharpened twice in over 10 years and my 40s & 50s that I use on my show dogs never LOL. When the Wahl blades were made in Germany they were fab but I will only buy Oster blades now although someone suggested that Heineiger blades are very good and I do have a Heineiger clipper which I love. I do love my Moser Arco SE because it is so light and small if somewhat crudely constructed.

Edited by frufru

• 1 month later...