Moved To Qld

Kaffy Magee

I moved from Vic to QLD. I transferred my prefix and and have become a member of Dogs QLD. I recieved my membership card etc in the mail yesterday. Since my dogs papers were issued in Vic, am I supposed to get new ones from Dogs QLD? If I do will the dogs have a different registration number or will it stay the same. They havent sent me any, do I have to transfer all my dogs over? On the membership form I filled out it asked for their reg numbers, so Im not sure if there is anything else I need to do. Hope someone can shed some light for me :o

Hi Kaffy - I would think not. I've owned dogs from down south that stayed on their paperwork (they were already registered in my name).

Those that I sent in to have transferred from breeder to my name then came back on Dogs Qld paperwork.

And if you show your dogs and then get titles etc...I think they will then put them on to Dogs Qld forms.

The registration numbers all stay the same for the dog as obviously that differentiates what state the dog was bred in by the first number/s.

But you could always give them a call and ask them just to be sure. :o

Edited by MissMonaro

dont know about QLD but when I moved from ACT to NSW I had to transfer the dogs as well otherwise I wouldnt be able to register litters etc. The dogs needed tp be attatched to my new membership number numbers of the dogs remained the same just on different papers

Thanks for that :cry: I have a question though; I have a dog that resides back in Victoria that is still in my name. I ha e her dogs Vic issued papers here with my old membership number on it. She needs to be transferred into the person that has her name. How will that work as I no longer have the membership number or address that is on her papers? I was going to ring dogs qld but since I cant until tomorrow thought I would put it on here :cry:

ETA: thanks for the welcome Oakway :cry:

Edited by Kaffy Magee

Thanks for that :cry: I have a question though; I have a dog that resides back in Victoria that is still in my name. I ha e her dogs Vic issued papers here with my old membership number on it. She needs to be transferred into the person that has her name. How will that work as I no longer have the membership number or address that is on her papers? I was going to ring dogs qld but since I cant until tomorrow thought I would put it on here :cry:

ETA: thanks for the welcome Oakway :cry:

My understanding is that you just sign the papers on the back and the new owner puts them in. Your number and addy where correct as of birth.

Thanks for that :) I have a question though; I have a dog that resides back in Victoria that is still in my name. I ha e her dogs Vic issued papers here with my old membership number on it. She needs to be transferred into the person that has her name. How will that work as I no longer have the membership number or address that is on her papers? I was going to ring dogs qld but since I cant until tomorrow thought I would put it on here ;)

ETA: thanks for the welcome Oakway :)

Well you sure are getting a Baptism of fire with the heat. ;) Pardon the pun.

Just sign and transfer as usual. The puters are linked and they can find most of us.

If you are in any doubt just put your Qld number under your signature.

Most correspondence with Dogs Qld. require you to put your membership number on so they do know that is from you.

Cheers