Feeding Puppies Closed Thread

byott

This is getting ridiculous.

At no stage did I call anyone a troll. Nor did I say that it "must be a troll". My original comment was constructive unless you are feeling particularly sensitive. I said that I THOUGHT that byott MIGHT have been trollING. TrollING could be defined as any posting (or reposting) that is done simply to get lots of responses. I would have thought that perhaps reposting a number of times would have done it. I didn't realise that the last 2 posts were accidentally a double post because when I first looked at it one of those posts was a lot further down the list than this one so I presumed without checking that the one further down had been posted a lot earlier.

As I count, Byott has asked exactly the same question i.e. "I have a 9 week old golden retriever puppy, what is your puppy menu?" 4 times. Twice, in this thread and the double post. Once, in "new puppy today" and once in "blood in puppies' stool". Ok, discounting the double post, that's three times.

At the top of the forum it says in etiquette to do a search for your topic before posting as it has probably already been covered. This topic has been covered thousands of times but I know many people still post it anyway and that's fine. This can still be frustrating but it's part of being on a board where lots of new members come in and don't read the etiquette. However, when someone posts the same thing, themselves, three times - that is getting excessive and it DOES clog up the forum.

I said that I never intended to be nasty. My first bringing up of it was not nasty at all, in fact byott was the first to react and start using GRR icons etc - not to mention pm-ing me and calling me childish and rude. I was quite prepared to let it die but you guys just keep rehashing it.

With Byott having posted now 68 times, I would have thought that he had understood how to find an old thread and repost on the old thread. If he didn't, well that's a mistake, but so far he hasn't said that.

My presumption is that all this (including rehashing this particular arguement) whiffs of attention seeking behaviour.

If any of you think that I have the time or inclination to sit here and make trouble then think again. I do not post simply for the purpose of making trouble. I posted in the first place, because 4 repeats of the same question does not, to me, look like an innocent mistake - and I did post for what I believe is the good of the forum - to tell people not to keep asking the same things over and over! When experienced people bother to reply to your threads and yet you ask the same question again - the implication is that the advice you got the first time was somehow inadequate - which offends those of us who took the time to reply in the first place.

Now let's get over it, shall we?

BTW pewithers - you have come a long way!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic